the12volt.com spacer
icon

’03 Envoy ghost wire, factory alarm disarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kyle7161975 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2017 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kyle7161975
I have a 2003 (verified in door jamb 01/03) GMC Envoy I am completely stumped by. Every single piece of information I have read on the internet shows the factory alarm disarm wire is lt green and located in the drivers door. Well there is no lt green wire in my door period. I removed the module that controls the door locks and rolls the windows up and down and verified. I checked the harness as it leaves the door and goes into a plugin and I even had my girlfriend stand outside the door with the key in the lock and turning the key to the unlock position while I put my test light on every single wire in the door. I have a power probe so it would have showed me if there was any signal positive or negative even though I know its supposed to be a negative signal sent. After a while I began to question everything I know about mechanicing and wiring so I had a friend come over to assist who also builds muscle cars and we made no progress because of this mystery wire . The Envoy is a base model with power door locks and power windows and since we did not purchase the vehicle new, it may be possible the keyless entry is aftermarket but there are no signs of any post wire installs. I'm really looking for any ideas or suggestions because This was supposed to be a Christmas present to my girlfriend and she cant even use tha darn thing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2017 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparkie
The disarm wire is light green in cavity A4 of the 24 pin gray plug at the driver's door module inside the door. The door module uses data signals to communicate to other modules in the vehicle. The light green wire does not exit the door. Depending on what you are installing, you should use a data module which can be connected inside the vehicle and will handle lock/unlock functions as well as the factory immobilizer if you install a remote starter. If you decide not to use a data module, you will need to run a wire inside the driver's door to connect to the disarm wire.
sparky
kyle7161975 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2017 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kyle7161975
Sorry it's taken me so long to reply but things have been crazy around here. I have recently removed the door panel again to confirm there is no green wire and this time I took pics. When I try and upload the pics I get an error message after 100% saying to update my Chrome.Ill try and post pics later but for now, any other suggestions on how to find my alarm disarm wire?
sparkie 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2017 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparkie
Look at the 24 cavity gray plug which is plugged into the door lock/power window switches. The plug is labelled on the pin retainers. The light green wire is there. The switches are part of the door module. The wire comes from the switch attached to the outside door key cylinder.
sparky
kyle7161975 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2017 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kyle7161975
Negative. I have tried on computer and cell phone to upload the pics I took of the back side of my switch but I keep getting error message saying to update my chrome. I have a total of 7 wires coming out of my 24 pin harness. If I unplug the harness and am looking at the side where the wires are coming out of it, I am turning the clip that snaps the harness into the switch, down toward the ground.
PIN HOLE STARTING TOP LEFT AS NUMBER 1 AND BOTTOM RIGHT AS 24
2 TAN
3 GRAY
5 ORANGE
10 BROWN
14 GRAY BLACK STRIPE
21 BROWN
23 LT BLUE
Also, there is a 4 wire harness coming from the back side of the door lock that has the tan, both grays and the BROWN going in it
But again, no ligh green wire anywhere
sparkie 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2017 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparkie
Then your vehicle does not have a factory alarm.
sparky
kyle7161975 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2017 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kyle7161975
It has a remote door lock with panic button. I guess I just assumed that an alarm was part of that. So the remote door lock is separate from the alarm? Appears to be factory fob and panic works. Horn honks when doors lock too
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,364
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2017 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ween
http://www.vadengmpp.com/owners-manual/gmc/2003-GMC-Envoy.pdf page 2-17, 18
sparkie 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2017 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparkie
The vehicle can have factory keyless entry and still may not have an alarm system. The horn feature is part of the keyless entry which doesn't mean it has an alarm.
sparky

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic