Mazda Bseries stereo installation problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slimsurgery 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2003 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  

HI,

I am hoping someone can help me out here. Well I just finished installing a system in my 87 B2000 mazda truck. Well I installed the subs and an amp and all that. Well I installed the stereo. And  I followed the wiring colors that pioneer had for thier wiring harness and matched it with a color diagram that was on this site. Well I followed everything and finished hooking it up. Then I tried to turn on the truck, and yea the truck did turn on, but the stereo diddnt, I checked the connections several times and it was right. I am thinking that maybe its not getting power from the battery and maybe that is way its not powering up. I am wondering, if I could run a wire straight fromthe battery, and make it run to where u conncet the battery cable to the harness so.... I am wondering if I could that. If someone can make any suggestions, let me know. thx

May the future bring you more joy then pain.
belfour 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2003 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
is there power to the cd player (the yellow wire) all the time or power at the red wire when the key is on, if not then you may have a blown fuse. also check the ground i found in my friends mazda i had to grount it to the metal chasis surrounding the console.
hope this helps
slimsurgery 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2003 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
There is no power that comes when you turn on the car or nothing. I know the cd player works cause I tried it on my car, cause I have a pioneer too, and I hooked it up and it did power up so its not the cd player. It might be the fuse, but I am not sure where the fuse for the radio is? If you could help me out it be great. I looked under the car on the inside and diddnt find anything that said radio or anything related to that. The ground is screwed into the bracket thing. I really think it might be that a fuse is blown. If somone can help me by figuring out which one is the fuse and where it be I would really appreciate it. thx
slimsurgery 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2003 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  
Can anyone help me?
slimsurgery 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2003 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  

OK,

This is what I did, I ended up finding which fuse it was and replaced it. Well now I have another problem. The stereo only works when the truck is off. Well the red wire is connected to the redblack wire on the truck. Well that wont power up at all. And so, I ended up connecting that with the yellow one, and it turned the stereo on, but you only can hear sound when the truck is off, like even key taken out. And the parking lights come on when I do that. And if I turn the truck on the stereo is on, but you can hear sound. Any suggestions. Also, I cant get even any bass out of it. I mean, I hooked up an amp and everything. And I cant get no power to it. Anybody can help me out, it would be great. thx

slimsurgery 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2003 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  

This is what else I have done. I have figured out a way to make the stereo power on with running a different wire to one of the fuses. Then what ended happening was that it did work. Well, what ended happening from that is that I cant get sound out of it. I mean like when I had it working with the ignition off it worked with sound. But now that I have it working where it turns on when I turn the ignition on, it turned on the stereo, but  like I said there was no sound. And also I cant get the amp to power up either. Anyone can help me out with either of these problems, it would be great. thx

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic