the12volt.com spacer
icon

Jeep JKU 4dr, adding 3rd pair of speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeff_jeep 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2017 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jeff_jeep
Hi,
I've got a Jeep JKU 4dr. I installed a 4+1 amp and speakers with the following specs:
* amp is Alpine PDX-V9 - guess the 2ohms below is the same due to it being digital
Per channel into 4 Ohms: 100W RMS x 4 + 500W RMS (4-ohm, 14.4V <1%THD+N)
Per channel into 2 Ohms: 100W RMS x 4 + 500W RMS (2-ohm, 14.4V <1%THD+N)
2 front speakers are component: Alpine spr-60c
2 sound bar speakers are: Kicker coax 40CS654 both handle about 100 to 110 rms @ 4ohms
1 subwoofer handles 300w, gain adjusted down.
I want to add 2 coax speakers to the rear of the cabin because I don't like the sound bar
speakers being almost immediately behind my ears. Since I have a four channel amp, I'd like to
put the dash and soundbar speakers onto the front two channels and the new rear ones on the 3rd and 4th channels.
The reason for this is that I'd like less volume for the front and sound bar than the rear. I do like
loud musics but not directly in my ears sometimes. I'd love to have volume control over each of the three
sets of speakers, but I'm pretty sure that cannot be easily done. So, controlling the rear two and front/middle
four are maybe ok.
   Is it feasible to parallel wire the fronts and soundbar speakers? That would results in 2ohm
load on the each of the front two channels and 4 ohm loads on the rears. The amp handles 2 or 4, so
I should be ok mixing them, correct? I'm considering Hertz HCX 165 coax for the new rears. Any alternate
configuration suggestions?
Thanks
jeff_jeep 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2017 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jeff_jeep
bump; any suggestions?
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2017 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote soundnsecurity
as long as you keep the ohm load at 2 ohms or above on each channel then it will be fine.
jeff_jeep 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2017 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jeff_jeep
Thanks. It would seem so. I was wondering if anyone else
in the forum had done the same configuration.
jeff_jeep 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2017 at 5:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jeff_jeep
I've decided to disconnect and not use the sound bar speakers and
have bought a pair of JKU-Pods for the back along with these: Hertz Mille Pro MPK 165P.3 from abt.com
http://www.fourcaraudio.co.uk/brands/hertz/mille-pro/hertz-mille-pro-mpk-165p3/
It will be interesting to see where I can fit the crossover boxes.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic