the12volt.com spacer
icon

novice, inverter, antenna for car stereo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
john keating 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2017 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote john keating
I live in an area that gives poor AC house radio reception due to mountains, etc. My favorite station is so close to another that I hear both at same time. But if I walk ten feet to my car, my radio there picks up clear as a bell and no mix from other station. I do have a very good Honda radio I salvaged from my junked Honda. I know that power must come from transformer. I can get one that is 12 vdc ma300. Could I use this to convert ac? My radio has wiring jack still plugged in to back. I just cut of all wires so I could remake connections easily. Numbers on the radio are model 3910 sv2 a100, ref no. cq-h1412z, serial 93g843363. But this labeling is rather beat up and so some numbers may not be accurate. I would appreciate any advice advice. I do have the original car speakers. But must I get a car aerial? I have access to rabbit ears and also a turnstile exterior antenna. Any aid or advice will be appreciated John Keating rexpcoe@yahoo.com
John Patrick
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2017 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparkie
You are wasting your time trying to use a car radio to resolve your problem. The fix is to relocate the antenna for the AC voltage radio in the house. First confirm that the tuner in the AC radio is good. Use an extension cord to test the radio where your car is to see if the reception improves. If it does, you need to try relocating the antenna for that radio. Generally the higher the antenna is the better it will receive the signal and without anything like walls blocking the signal. Try positioning it near a window.
sparky
john keating 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2017 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote john keating
Thank you for your kind response. sorry if reply delayed as I use internet in library and do not get there every day. I will try your advice. I assume the AC radio has a good tuner. Other stations come in well. John Keating rexpcoe@yahoo.com
John Patrick

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic