the12volt.com spacer
icon

Remote start auto page 525

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
svansice12volt 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2017 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote svansice12volt
Does anyone know how to wire the relays for the remote start circuit? The momentary to constant relay diagram on this site is a lie. The "autopage installation instructions is a lie. I cannot get it to run the starter and connect the ignition. The "C5" will only turn on the ignition but not crank starter.Or I can crank the starter forever without ignition. If I could afford to hire a licensed installer I would not be on this site. Do NOT give me a 1-800 tech number. They will not talk to me!Do not refer me to a relay diagram on this site they are lies.Very Frustrated please help. I need to talk to someone whom has many years of installation experience.This is a 1977 dodge 1 ton van c class motorhome with capacitive discharge ignition. It has two very high amp alternators that have voltage spikes (killed three viper 5901,5904,5706 modules).    
Remote start auto page 525 - Last Post -- posted image. Remote start auto page 525 - Last Post -- posted image.
svansice12volt 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2017 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote svansice12volt
Remote start auto page 525 - Last Post -- posted image.
In this image autopage has an "orange wire negative when armed" to energize the coil in the relay.(86) Then they have 12 volts from ignition key. They put the starter or {mopar starter relay in my case} on the (87a) and then the key "yellow" wire on the (30) terminal. When "armed" it is supposed to disable the key's connection to the relay starter motor. This is just plain stupid cause when the coil is energized it will connect terminal (30) to (87a).Turning the key while its armed is only going to connect the starter to the key. The whole point is to disconnect the starter when armed if you turn the key.Useless instructions.
Nothing is "disabled".
kaezoo 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2017 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaezoo
svansice12volt wrote:
In this image autopage has an "orange wire negative when armed" to energize the coil in the relay.(86) Then they have 12 volts from ignition key. They put the starter or {mopar starter relay in my case} on the (87a) and then the key "yellow" wire on the (30) terminal. When "armed" it is supposed to disable the key's connection to the relay starter motor. This is just plain stupid cause when the coil is energized it will connect terminal (30) to (87a).Turning the key while its armed is only going to connect the starter to the key. The whole point is to disconnect the starter when armed if you turn the key.Useless instructions.
Nothing is "disabled".
It's your understanding of relays that's at fault. 87A is the normally closed terminal, meaning that it's connected to 30 when the relay coil is NOT energized. When the relay is triggered, it breaks the connection between 87A and 30 and makes a connection between 87 and 30. Therefore, when the alarm is armed, turning on the ignition will activate the relay and break the starter wire connection.
svansice12volt 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2017 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote svansice12volt
If your testing continuity on a "normally open" relay it can be very confusing.
svansice12volt 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2017 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote svansice12volt
On the Autopage "SIS-12" where does the green wire go to? "an attenuating device" ?? "piezo"? Black is ground ,Red is fused constant,Blue is (with diode)to trigger circuit,Dark blue and black is sensor (in engine compartment). I can scream underneath the rv engine it goes off.I have the shock sensor at its minimum setting and a Garbage truck in front of my house set it off full trigger. I could hit my hood and it wont go off.The RF525 is dieing I could not hook up the three 508D's to its port.I could not hook up the two shock sensors to the shock sensor port.If the modules according to the manufacture "are pretty resilient" then why do they keep blowing in my rv???????? How do I shield the alarm modules from high amp alternator voltage spikes??How do you get biometric sensors to work in a RV coach that fails a "leak down test" when the biometric expansion rate is different than a steel automobile shell?? How do I set up a shock sensor so it does not go off when my refrigerator compressor comes on but goes off when I put my hand on the gas cap????

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic