icon

DVD Park safety feature disable

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
o07freak 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2003 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
I'm looking to get an in dash DVD player with an LCD screen, but I'm worried that I won't get very much use out of it since it will only play a DVD in park.  I can't afford to put extra monitors in the backseat for my passengers, and I just want a basic DVD for now.  How does the safety switch hooked up.  Is there a way to disable this feature so that my passengers can watch while moving?  Thanks
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2003 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
I believe for most brands all you have to do is ground the safety wire, but with Alpine units it's not that simple.  I think the best way to bypass it with an alpine unit is to use one of these, or something similar to it.
Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
Powerslave0 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2003 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  
WHen you apply the parking brake, ground is usually then applied so the system will work. Just hook the unit up to constant power and/or manually swicthed ground connections, that should do the trick. IF there is a seperate safty wire, that will need to have a constant connection as well.
speedblurr 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2003 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
With my Pioneer DVH-P7000, all I had to do is what Powerslave said.  It was just a wire with a clamp and you had to clamp it to a constant hot.......

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic