the12volt.com spacer
icon

Wiring Diagram on Panasonic Headunit PZ071-0D043

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
genlydz007 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2017 at 5:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote genlydz007
Hello everyone, am a newbie to this forum, however not newbie when it comes to electronics. I have already build some Arduino modules, wired my own stereo system (for older systems), did my own camera install on an aferter market dashcam.
I would like to use the current install of my backup camera to mystock head unit. I currently own Toyota Vios (am here in the Philippines), for North America, I believe it is the same with the Toyota Yaris. I currently have a Panasonic Headunit, but am trying to figure out the pinout for the audio video in and the wire as well to activate the unit for reverse.
As initial information my Panasonic headunit model is PZ071-0D043. Also it says made in Thailand (at least not China) :)
Need anybody's help on this, just need the pinouts please. I will include pictures shortly after I transfer them over from my phone:)
Thank you.
Gene
genlydz007 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2017 at 6:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote genlydz007
Ok, sorry if I quote my own question, just want to add more info plus pictures. First picture is the screenshot of the top as model number
Wiring Diagram on Panasonic Headunit PZ071-0D043 -- posted image.
Next screenshot is what I am asking help for:
Wiring Diagram on Panasonic Headunit PZ071-0D043 -- posted image. tag with letter A is the power and speaker connectors which I beleive follows the EIA standard, I checked using ohm meter and the speakers gave some popping sound and also read the resistance. So I am all good with letter A. Letter B is where I need help as well as letter C. When I disconnected letter C while powered, the steering wheel remote stopped working. My steering wheel remote only has mode, volume and up down, so just 5 buttons.
The headunit is capable of bluetooth calls and music and I was sucessful in using that.
teaserteasing 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2019 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote teaserteasing
Hi, i am also looking for the pin configurations of same model. Thank You
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 04, 2019 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Do some research. This piece may be what you are looking for.
http://metraonline.com/part/AX-TOYCAM3
rvd20 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2019 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rvd20
Hi..16pin connector is for the reverse camera video input and power supply..For video input,you will use pin8 for V+ and pin 16 for V-..For the power supply, pin 7 camera+ and pin 15 is for camera gnd..if your camera operates at 12v.you will only use pin 7..pin 7 provides 6volts everytime you turn on the head unit or when you shift your gear to reverse..you will be needing a relay for that reason..For the 28 pin connector..Pin 2 is reverse signal..this signal puts the screen into reverse function.. tap pin 2 to the reverse trigger wire that produces +12v when you shift to rverse gear..Dont directly tap the reverse signal to your camera power supply.because the head unit will deactivate the reverse function if it doesnt sense a video signal from the rverse video input few seconds after you turn it on..
teaserteasing 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2019 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote teaserteasing
Hi rvd20
My head unit has 28 pin.
I am not sure where I should be looking for pin 2 and for power for my reverse camera. Thank You
rvd20 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2019 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rvd20
You can identify the pin numbers at the back of the connector itself..pin number 2 is at the upper second from the right if youre looking at the back of the coonnector..does your reverse camera works at 6v or 12volts?
marcbrockhouse 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2019 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote marcbrockhouse
Any update on this mod? I'am currently on same boat as you, trying to figure out the socket at the back of the HU, currently reverse cam works when you put your gear on reverse before the HU finishes loading, trying to find a workaround the use of a relay for a direct power use for the reverse camera,

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic