the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Installed actuators & module, but chirp?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
robattoronto 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2003 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
First time installer so please bear with me here. Its a '95 integra and I tried to install a cheap power door lock with remote kit. Was tricky, but i got it installed. Got 2 questions.
From the circuit below, can you guys suggest if there is a way I can get some sort of indication that door lock/unlock was triggered? i.e. indicator light flash, horn beep etc.
I know there's no provision for that in this cheap module, but what say i hook up the car horn in parallel with one of the door lock actuator? Will that draw out too much power that the circit will blow or actuator won't move?
The other question is, lets say i change the control module. Do i have to change the whole harness? i.e. all the way to the door until the actuator connectiors? Or do i just cut near the plug and map to new control module mapping?
Thanks in advance!
Installed actuators & module, but chirp? - Last Post -- posted image.
nighthawk2k 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2003 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
Ok,
If you want to know when the doors are tampered with you can do the following:
First, install a five wire 2 door actuator kit.
Then Hook it up to a trigger wire on an alarm system that will tell you what zone went off.
Or
Install a 2-door Central locking kit.
and hook it up to the alarm.
Tommy
-Clifford/Directed/Alpine-Audio & Security-
New York InstallerInstalled actuators & module, but chirp? - Last Post -- posted image.
DeathsJester12V 
Silver - Posts: 352
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2003 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
Ummm...in regards to your first question...it sounds like you want a confirmation of the doors locking and unlocking....like a parking light flash or the horn beeps...
If that is the case, than yup...easy as 1,2, 3, and some other steps...
First thing..from the diagram.. it looks like three of the actuators only have two wires..which will make life easier to hook this up...since when you go to unlock, one wire will be positive, one will be negative. and in locking, they will reverse.
So you need to get yourself two relays.
I will tell you how to hook up the Parking lights first.
for the lights you'll need to find the positive wire. which is RED / black in the green pulg above the fuse box. you'll have to tap into that wire. That wire will go to Terminal 87 of both relays. Termainal 30 will go to a 12V+, as will Termianl 86.
So here's what you will have for the relays.
Relay 1                     
86-12V+                     
85-wire that shows (-) when locking ( off of the module, or at an actuator.)
87A-not used
87 To parking lights (+)
30 12V+
Relay 2
86-12V+
85-wire that shows (-) when unlocking ( off of the module, or at an actuator.)
87A
87-To parking lights (+)
30-12V+
Now the Horn is gray or blue/green in the steering column. This wire is negative. To hook this up...do the same witht the relays EXCEPT 30 will be ground (-) and 87 will go to the horn wire.
Hope that made sense...and that answered your first question...
As for your second..
it looks like the module will let you hook up an alarm to it. just gotta figure which one is lock and which one is unlock. and they hook up together...
robattoronto 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2003 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
Yep, i meant a horn or light flash confirmation. All of the above makes sense, but got a couple of questions.
Actually I got a 2 door integra and the only diff is, i got a 5 wire and a 2 wire actuator. (but that should not cause any problem i guess).
1) You're using two relays because the voltage going to the actuator swaps around? So hypothetically if i wanted only an indication when the door locks lets say, I'd use one relay only?
2) Do i use the same 2 relays for the parking light AND the horn? Or do i have to use 4 relays, wired up as indicated above?
3) The numbering of the relays you mentioned above. Are these standard numbering found in all car relays? I assume I can find these in any auto electronic store.
Much thanks for your knowledge and time guys.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic