94 mercedes c280 check engine light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ShaunD912 
Copper - Posts: 140
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2003 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
Hello,
I'm installing a Crimestopper 2011-rs in a 94 mercedes c280. I have finished the install and I thought I found everything but I'm getting a check engine light after it's remote started. The only thing I can think of is in the ignition harness. I traced the wires from the key cylinder and the only one I was unsure about was the pink/green wire. It's labeled as a second ignition but it has (2nd acc) beside it. It's also a small gauge wire, not like the others. I didn't see any other large gauge wires in fact. But anyway, when I tested it, it showed 12 volt in ignition but not in start. In other words it acts like both ign and acc. I hooked it to the 2nd ignition from the remote start harness. Do you think that this could cause the check engine light or something else. Any suggestions please!!
Shaun
nighthawk2k 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2003 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
what usually happens depending on the car a second ignition can drop out and look like an accessory wire. You are going to have to setup a relay to make the second ignition wire look like a accessory wire, unless your remote start has a the second ignition wire drop out. Did you put the car in accessory to see if it gives +12v. This would throw a code in some cars because it's not seeing the littles module lit up.
Tommy
-Clifford/Directed/Alpine-Audio & Security-
New York Installer94 mercedes c280 check engine light -- posted image.
DeathsJester12V 
Silver - Posts: 352
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2003 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  
Heya shaun...
bust out the DMM...test your wires...2nd acc sounds like an accessory wire, but it could be anything from the Radio, to the HVAC controls...only one way to find out...and that's to test.
Here's what you should find.
any wires that are 12V+ through all key cycels is your 12V constant.
Wire(s) that show 12V with the key in the ignition and start ( crank ) position are your ignition 1 wire (s)
wires that show 12V in the run and accessory positions, but drop off at cranking are just that your accessory and ignition 2 wires. to find out, put the ksy in the accessory position the wires gettign power are your Acc. wires. ( NOTE: SOME CARS MAY HAVE ACC AND HVAC ) the other wires are your Ign 2.
ShaunD912 
Copper - Posts: 140
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2003 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
I found it. It was the pink/green wire. I switched it from 2nd ign to 2nd acc and it took care of it. Thanks everybody!
Shaun

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic