the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

How do I adjust a DEI 528T pulse timer relay?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sierra444 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2017 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sierra444
My DEI main control/alarm doesn't have a connection for the green warn-away wire; it only has a blue trigger wire. I wanted to use the warn-away feature of the DEI 508D Dual Zone Motion Sensor, so I connected the green wire directly to my siren, but the 1/2 second pulse isn't enough to give a warning chirp. I then installed a 528T Pulse Timer Relay to increase the length of time the siren is on. Everything works except the time the siren stays on too long. I tried to turn the adjustment knob all the way to the right than the left, but the relay stays on.
How do I adjust the 528T relay? The instruction sheet doesn't say anything.
My connections are as follows.
528T ------- Connection
Red -------- +12V fused
Black ------ -12V Ground
Blk/Wht ---- Green Wire from 508D
Orange ----- ** Not Used **
Yellow ----- -12V Ground (connected to the same point as the Black wire above)
Brown ------ Siren (-12V side. Positive side of siren is constant +12V)
Blue ------- ** Uncut **
Also...
I thought about connecting the Yellow and Black wires to the "Negative When Armed" Orange wire from the alarm's controller/brain, but I wasn't sure if the alarm's on-board relay can handle the amperage. The 528T has a 15A relay, but I doubt my siren will need that much. The installation manual for my alarm doesn't say what the maximum amperage the alarm's orange wire can handle. It does give a 200mA warning for 2 other wires/on-board-relays.
Does the 528T use a lot of power when it is idle, or can I leave it connected to power all the time?
Thank you.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic