the12volt.com spacer
icon

DBALL2 circuit board picture

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
emhtuning 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2017 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote emhtuning
Hello there,
new to the forum and this is my first post , thank you for the great forum.
all of the sudden my DBALL2 decided to smoke and went dead completely, when I opened the box I found what looks like it was a few damaged capacitors and some resistors were damaged , the board is badly damaged but I can repair it.
I'm seeking for your help, hopefully someone have the same board and can post some pictures for me so I can use as a source for my repair.
the module was installed in my BMW 1series E81 for long time with no problem but all of the sudden it decided to die .
thank you for your support in advance.
DBALL2 circuit board picture -- posted image.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 06, 2017 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
It looks to me like that circuit board has probably become conductive where it is burnt. Before I would waste any time trying to repair it I would use an ohm meter to make sure the board is not conductive.
the vuking 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2017 at 3:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
For the small cost for a replacement I would not bother trying to repair as next time you car could end up burned out
emhtuning 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2017 at 3:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote emhtuning
Thanks for the tip , strangely everything still in place , no short to ground but for sure some traces needs to be repaired or relocated to the nearest healthy trace on the same line .
I believe but maybe I'm wrong that one of the those caps went really bad and generated short with high heat . if I get a picture then I can see if anything is missing apart from those 3 parts I found inside the plastic container of the module .
emhtuning 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2017 at 3:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote emhtuning
very true , for sure this will not go back to the car . just as a hubby of repairing everything broken stuff :)
I have a big feeling that this module is a copy of the original, I remember I paid $30 plus $15 shipping to Germany from USA , while I had to pay 149Euro for new one from ampire.de .
emhtuning 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2017 at 3:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote emhtuning
i am an idiot wrote:
It looks to me like that circuit board has probably become conductive where it is burnt. Before I would waste any time trying to repair it I would use an ohm meter to make sure the board is not conductive.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 07, 2017 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Check the 10 volt capacitor. Good chance it is shorted.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2017 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Not worth it. If you ever go to the UK, I've a few going cheap I can flash to your vehicle, or introduce you to the UK importers around 65 Euros.
Otherwise, Falcon Electrics in Romania.
emhtuning 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2017 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote emhtuning
howie ll wrote:
Not worth it. If you ever go to the UK, I've a few going cheap I can flash to your vehicle, or introduce you to the UK importers around 65 Euros.
Otherwise, Falcon Electrics in Romania.
appreciate it mate, I will get in touch with you when I require some supply.DBALL2 circuit board picture -- posted image.
emhtuning 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2017 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote emhtuning
i am an idiot wrote:
Check the 10 volt capacitor. Good chance it is shorted.
that 10v is Ok , its not shorted and it charge and discharge . but that big 25v is completely dead and I can smell electric burn smell from it . DBALL2 circuit board picture -- posted image.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic