the12volt.com spacer
icon

Avital 5303L - No power Door Lock 3 pin connect

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
twalker 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2017 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote twalker
I am days into this install (my first). My primary use for this system is door unlock and remote start although the other security features will be great.
I knew I wouldn't be done in a day so I did my research, printed out install and wiring documents and took pics of my van wiring to study as the install docs that come with the unit are near useless.
I am not finished by any means but I got as far as connecting the siren,shock sensor, door lock/unlock and remote start. Many wire connections on the Avital 5303L I will not use so I feel I am at least 1/2 way finished. It took most of one day just to access the door wires but I finally figured a way to connect them and I believe they right.
I decided to check the door lock/unlock and remote start and shock sensor. The only thing that worked was the sensor. The doors and remote start do not respond. Furthermore, using a multimeter there is simply no voltage at the 5303L port connections when pushing the door lock/unlock remote buttons or remote start buttons.
My constant connection + is connected so power going in but no power coming out. I made one mistake which I should add in case it is related: Right next to the 3 pin door lock/unlock connection is another 3 pin connector (bad design IMO) and started to connect it there and I did hear a small click when I accidentally plugged it in to that one. Maybe an issue maybe not.
My question: Why would I have no power at these connectors on the unit itself when I activate them using the remote?
The shock sensor is working fine.
Thanks for your time
twalker 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2017 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote twalker
This is an Avital 5305L being installed on a 97 Chevy G30 van Class B conversion RV.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 09, 2017 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
I am not familiar with that system. It is common on plenty systems to have only a negative output and require relays in order to lock and unlock.
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 09, 2017 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
more than likely its gonna have whats called a 5 wire set up on the door locks. you will need a directed part # 451m or two relays, 451 is easier and cleaner. here is a link to another 12volt.com page on it and how to hook it up
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=100524
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 09, 2017 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
sorry disregard the whole 5 wire thing ( i hate mondays, lol). you will need the 451 and the link in my last post will tell you how to hook it up. You have positive locks in the van. You need to switch the avitals negative locks to the positive with the 451m. sorry for the confusion.
twalker 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2017 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote twalker
Thanks sir, I will check this out and respond back!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 09, 2017 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
If it does have a negative output and you need positive for your application and do not want to have to purchase or wait for the above mentioned module.
https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram8.html

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic