the12volt.com spacer
icon

Oldsmobile Alero 2002 Manual Transmission

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
astradi 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2017 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote astradi
Hello everyone!
My name is Mario. I'm installing a remote start on my Oldsmobile Alero 2.2 with a manual transmission.
I am using a Prostart CT-4211 TW with a DBALL2 bypass module with the GM2 firmware loaded.
The DBALL2 module now receives the remote start signal (the orange flashes once to open, the orange flashes twice to close according to the instructions must be green), but does not open / close the doors. When I try to get remotely, the engine does not start (I measured the signal on the wires when I try to start from the remote start and I receive no signal). I have measured the wires connected in the ignition swich and they have the correct signal.
Does any body have anny idea what is wrong?
Thank you!
Mario Ferreira
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 16, 2017 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
you said it was a manual transmission, did you do a clutch bypass? Try getting in the car putting the key in the igntion and turning it to the "on", pushing in the clutch and hit the remote start button. see if it starts
astradi 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2017 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote astradi
I have not yet made a clutch bypass. But even without this bypass, I should get a signal on the bypass module or should the park lights blink?
Mario Ferreira
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 16, 2017 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
should just flash the lights first. I'm not 100% sure on that model since its looks like its sold only in Canada, but all remote starts should flashed the lights first signaling its got the command from the key fob then activated the bypass module and relay for the clutch bypass.
astradi 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2017 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote astradi
I think so. Exclusive to Canadian Tire, but the main brand is the AutoStart and the module is the same as the AS-6450TW-FM, the PS-7450TW-FM, the EX-6450TW-FM.
I think the main issue comes from the comunication between the bypass module and the remote start module.
Is wizard whats happening. Should be an easy installation.
Mario Ferreira
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2017 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparkie
You must install a clutch interface and connect the tach circuit. You must program the remote starter for manual transmission mode and put the vehicle into ready mode. The door locks may not work if your vehicle is not equipped with OnStar. There is a warning message noting this in the install manual. You may have to hardwire the door locks and trunk release.
sparky
astradi 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2017 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote astradi
My doesn't have OnStar system, I'm gonna try to get the remote start working and then if it still not working I will hardwire the doors circuit.
The taco circuit is plugged and controlled by the bypass module.
I already tried configured the ready mode, but nothing happens when I try. The hand brake is plugged to the bypass module and I need the hand brake to configure the ready mode. Might can be because the bypass module is not working properly?
Mario Ferreira
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2017 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Dump the DB-ALL2 or just use it for immobiliser by-pass and go analogue.
I wouldn't trust data on a car this old.
astradi 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2017 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote astradi
That's an idea! Oldsmobile Alero 2002 Manual Transmission -- posted image.
Mario Ferreira
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2017 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
you have to program tach or nothing will work.. but yeah, wire it analog, and use the DBall for passlocks only..
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic