the12volt.com spacer
icon

T-Line box for 2 8s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bethington 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2017 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bethington
I'm wanting to put 2 8in cerwin vega vega 82.2 behind the seat of my nissan truck. It's small 24 tall, 48 wide, 6 deep bottom and 2 top. I have been beating myself head against the wall on this for some time. Any help would be greatly appreciate. I have a idea but it's on paper since I'm old school and still trying to learn sketchup. I have over 30 years of experience in sound. I have done this professionally in the 90s and even was the sound man for a rock band for awhile. I just haven't worked on designing a T-Line box until now. Tjanks
Money buys everything but good sense.
bethington 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2017 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bethington
T-Line box for 2 8s -- posted image.
z03mz03m 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2017 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote z03mz03m
On youtube:
CarAudioFabrication
How to Design Transmission Line Subwoofer Enclosure
https://youtu.be/Q2VL_FHu9AY
I've wanted to design a TL Box for a long time...I'm interested to see what you make.
Have Fun!T-Line box for 2 8s -- posted image. T-Line box for 2 8s -- posted image.
Dodge Magnum in progress:
Pioneer DEH-80PRS - PPI Amps - Dayton Subwoofer(s) - Exodus Anarchy's - Vifa Tweeters - Kinetik Battery
bethington 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2017 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bethington
I have studied that video along with hours of others. I finally just put what I have learned along with advice from a very helpful person in the UK and built a test box out of some cheap wood. I haven't hooked it up in my truck yet but in my office it rattles the windows and sounded great. Tuned around 40 but I put it through the test and it still was shaking when I quit hearing it low 20s. I only had about half power on them but am very impressed. Hopefully I'll hook it up this weekend. Also my seat goes all the way back. In a 90 nissan pick up single cab that means a lot.
z03mz03m 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2017 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote z03mz03m
That's awesome looking! T-Line box for 2 8s -- posted image.
Pioneer DEH-80PRS - PPI Amps - Dayton Subwoofer(s) - Exodus Anarchy's - Vifa Tweeters - Kinetik Battery
bethington 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2017 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bethington
I have tested the first build and it is amazing. So far I'm pleased with the output of this both SPL and SQ. 2 8s sounding like 10 or 12s. Frequency range is wide from low to mis 20s to my cutoff around 60.hip hop rock country and classical all sound good with little adjustments between them. I can't wait to do a final build.
bethington 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2017 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bethington
z03mz03m 
Posted: November 07, 2017 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote z03mz03m
Right on! T-Line box for 2 8s -- posted image. T-Line box for 2 8s -- posted image.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic