the12volt.com spacer
icon

2016 Mustang ACC Power

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ronemca 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2017 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ronemca
(I checked the avail info - only alarm-related)
I need an under-hood keyed power source for an injection system. I have a pair of un-used 20A j-case fuses in the BJB that I wish I could use, but there are no fuse taps in existence for j-case fuses. So unless someone can point me to a suitable ACC power tap that has adequate oomph, I will likely feed thru a relay from the battery. But I still need a trigger.
The pump that I'm putting in supposedly has a peak draw of 11A, but it is fed via a controller with 18g wire and feeds the pump through 18g wire...so I would think it spends 99.9% of its time at closer to 1A or maybe 2A.
Please & thank you.
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,364
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2017 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ween
What engine in the vehicle? Try looking here: http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd
ronemca 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2017 at 4:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ronemca
Wow - that looks like the resource I have been trying to find online!
ronemca 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2017 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ronemca
Success! I got going with the test light - probing the tiny contacts atop the array of MICRO fuses in the BJB, and I found a row of four (2 - 20A & 2 - 15A) that come alive with the ACC. They’re labeled “Vehicle Power” which is a mystery, because they’re not for power points in the cabin as I expected. But I installed a relay and a dedicated 10A MICRO fuse...so I should be good to go!
Thanks again for that link! That will be quite useful as I go forward.
Cheers!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic