the12volt.com spacer
icon

2013 infiniti g37 fortin thar-nis1 door pins bcm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
johnwohl 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2017 at 1:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote johnwohl
hello there all. i figured I would ask before I break one of these things.
Working on my 2013 Infiniti g37 sedan and a Fortin EVO-ONE with the THAR-NIS1 t-harness.
The directions say to transfer the prepinned ends from the green and green/white door lock/unlock to the purple and purple/white arm/disarm wires so I did that. I ran into a problem when, try as I might, these pins will not go into the green bcm connector all the way. I see that they are slightly keyed to go in one way but they stop about half way down the connector. If I push any harder it will bend and eventually break. Am I supposed to open the connector or something? How would I do that? None of the tutorials I've found go into any detail about how adding a previously empty pin is done. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2017 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The way I do those wires at Nissan BCM empty pins is :
1. Strip about 3/4 inch of insulation from the needed wire.
2. Use your fingers to put a real tight twist on the exposed wire strands.
3. Insert that wire end into the empty socket, press it in as deep as possible with a little force.
4. Secure that wire with tie wraps or quality electric tape or both to an adjacent wire or two.
You could try to find a connector repair kit at the dealer to get a spare pin or get that type connector off a wreck at a salvage yard to get a few spare pins.
Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic