the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Directechs Accounts Shut Down? Alternatives?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chwkrx7 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2017 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chwkrx7
Hi all, just registered here at the12volt, should introduce myself. I'm an automotive mechanic in Houston, BC, Canada. I've only done remote start installs on friends/family vehicles, and have only ever used directed products (usually an Avital 4103 or similar with a DBALL2).
I've always found the directed site easy to use, flash the bypass, plug it into the vehicle and good to go. As I'm a GM tech by trade, I do mainly GM installations. However I got an email from directed a couple of weeks ago that my generic account (not linked to a dealer or distributor) would be terminated on Oct 31st. As I'm not affiliated with any dealer it looks like i might just be out of luck? Does anyone know a way around this, or a way that I can register my email somewhere so that my account won't be shut down?
Alternatively, I'm looking at Fortin products now, but they seem much more confusing. Would a Fortin bypass be compatible with an Avital system?
Thanks for your time,
Dirk
***Copy of email from Directed****
Dear Valued Customer,
If you are receiving this email it's because your access to Directechs.com is registered as a "Lite" account and is not associated with a direct dealer or authorized distributor account. As we launch our new platforms and for you to benefit from programs that we have planned, we need to get everyone registered into correct accounts.
So how does this affect me?
Here's the tricky part...in order to register for tech support under a dealer account or under an authorized distributor account we need to delete the generic account and your access to Directechs will be shut off.
What do you need to do?
The generic account will be terminated as of October 31st. If you're on this email this means you need to get Directechs access registered through an authorized dealer account or thru an authorized distributor account that you're actively supporting with Directed product purchases.
The process is fairly simple...after October 31st have your owner or authorized distributor enable your email for Directechs access and simply re-register your email on Directechs.com
If you have any questions, please contact either your sales representative or our customer care team at 1-800-876-0800 to assist you further.
Sincerely,
DIRECTED
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2017 at 5:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I can answer your question concerning compatibility between Fortin and Avital ( and all DEI products ).
Any of Fortins bypass modules can be used with any remote starter if connected W2W. This is a bit more
work during bench prep, hardwiring all inter-connections, but always yields good results.
I'm guessing you are wondering if the Fortin bypass module can use the Avitals DBI D2D connection. That is a
definite yes. Unlike XPressKits XKLoader2 flash procedure to flash the DB-ALL bypass module, when using the
FlashLink2 harness to flash a Fortin bypass module there is an option ( F3 ) that you checkmark that enables
the D2D port to communicate via the DBI protocol instead of the native Fortin comm protocol. With that F3
option selected you are good to go with a D2D harness connection to your Avital remote start unit. Fortin
modules come with a special D2D harness that has the standard red 4 Pin D2D connector for DEI products. Fortin
Modules can actually be flashed and set to communicate using 3 different D2D comm protocols, giving them wide
flexibility. DEI bypass modules do not have that option as far as I know. It's DBI D2D or nothing. This D2D
protocol flexibility is also true for iDatalink bypass modules using their ADS USB cable.
Directechs Accounts Shut Down? Alternatives? -- posted image.
You are right about Fortin being a bit more confusing. There is definitely a learning curve but that was true
with XPressKits when you first started with them. The big downside will be the access to DEIs wire listings.
Fortin has their WireColor site but it typically only shows the wires necessary for bypass module install and
not everything like DEI.
Soldering is fun!
chwkrx7 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2017 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chwkrx7
Thanks for the response. Definitely disappointing news but glad to hear there are other alternatives out there. Looking into idatastart as well. Thanks!
97f150ext 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2017 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 97f150ext
Any authorized dealers on here willing to add my email to their account? I'd be willing to pay for this.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic