the12volt.com spacer
icon

Kia Sedona diesel 2.9 CRDI

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
u080994 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2017 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote u080994
Immobiliser light on coming on every time.
Hello can anyone help on Ignition switch and the small micro switch near the ignition key.
I am having trouble starting my KIA Sedona the immo light and pre-heat light do not come on every time i want to start the vehicle.
I have to turn off the ignition off and on again a few time to get the immo and the pre-heat light to come on before it will start, it cranks over but not stat unless the immo light comes on first.
I intend replacing the the immo aerial which is in a plastic ring around where the key goes in (it culminates with the coded key).
I was wondering it the fault is really with the micro switch which is really part of the ignition switch loom (i had thought this switch detects when the ignition switch is removed and the lights are left on and triggers the lights left on alarm)
I was also wondering if the ignition switch itself is a fault.. the vehicle is late 2003 and 138,000 miles. (ignition switch used many times)
Some advise would be greatly recieved
Keith Sedona
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2017 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
New switch.
u080994 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2017 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote u080994
that's rather insulting as you d not know me and it is impossible to get hold of a diesel engine kia sedona wiring diagram. if this was a valuable I would not lower my self to ask anyone else.
Keith Sedona
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2017 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Not repairable, I believe that like most vehicles that use keysense, this is internal to the sealed switch, it's the mechanical part that needs changing, that not withstanding you have a problem with your immobiliser not recognising the key.
A wiring diagram be no use. At least not to me, I'd simply remove the cowl and test, the problem is the immobiliser should recognise the key as soon as it's inserted, the microswitch you mentioned has nothing to do with the start cycle.
Not arguing you obviously know better.
u080994 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2017 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote u080994
hi yes it should .sometimes it does other times it does not.
How do you test of the imoboliser arrival for intermittent fault?
Keith Sedona
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2017 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
You can't they are OEM (dealer swaps). Can't you get the hint yet?
You've no way of testing bar the ign. switch wires, if they test out it's a swap plus possibly changes/reprogramming for the engine management.
u080994 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2017 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote u080994
so you are assuming this unit is at fault then and not he imoboliser or the power supply to it. sowhat happent to test before asuming then ?
Keith Sedona
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2017 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
You can only test the ignition switch, the immobiliser works on a data link, the wiring diagram will simply show a dotted line. The immobiliser will either be a separate module, part of the gauge cluster or part of the engine ECU, either way it can't be by-passed, the usual dealer response would be to change everything! =£££

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic