the12volt.com spacer
icon

Remote start on a 2005 silverado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gfercaks33 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2017 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gfercaks33
Hey all, I’m hoping some one can help me out as I have hit a wall. I have a 2005 Silverado ext cab(if that matters) that I have a viper 5904 remote start installed on with a dball 2 express kit wired in.
Here’s my long story, and I’ll get into the tech as well. Several years ago my wife got me this remote start for my truck and had a family member of hers install it. I would rather not have him touch it again as he messed up the install and put a scratch in the bumper. How he messed up the install is he didn’t wire the ignition 2 up correctly so I was getting transmission codes. I haven’t used the remote start since so I didn’t hurt the transmission. Well I had the dash apart doing other stuff so I decided to fix it. I put the pink white on the viper to the white ignition wire on the truck and verified every thing else while I was there. I went to try to see if my hard work fixed the problem and it would start and shut down instantly. Did some more testing and It’s the bypass module, if I turn the key to on while it’s trying to remote start it fires right up.
I went and looked at the dball2 and it appears it is not wired d2d. From the red connector the green/white wire is being used, from the blue connector the red, black and violet/yellow are used, and on the black connector the blue, green, and blue/white are used.
I had the unit flashed to gm6 when I was going to do it but my wife suprised me. I’m not sure where to go on this so I’m requesting help. I tried looking for the diagram for the dball 2 with gm6 but it’s missing from their website.
rraider1 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2017 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rraider1
I put a Viper 5706 in my 2005 Silverado but used an iDatalink bypass instead of the dball so I can't help with the wring. I'm guessing that the Dball has a programming sequence like the iDatalink does. Have you tried resetting and re-programming the Dball?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic