icon

Radio Shuts Off After 10 Minutes, Scosche GM09SR

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rickster2k17 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2017 at 3:56 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2003 Chevrolet Malibu with GM Passlock II and I just changed the factory AM/FM Cassette/CD Player (DELCO RADIO 10317994) I changed it for a Alpine CDE-140 with an Scosche GM09SR interface. It works fine sorta, cause after like 10 minutes it shuts off but it doesn't blow any fuse cause if I turn my car off then back on it starts playing again? One thing about this car is I had a hell of a time finding the Radio diagram and I'm thinking it may be a wire that is in the wrong place?
Life isn't about finding yourself...life is about creating yourself!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 06, 2017 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
I have seen several of that brand modules fail in a manner you are talking about. To verify you do have a bad module, connect the radio's red wire to the yellow wire of the harness. Do not make any other changes. If the radio no longer shuts down after the 10 minutes chances are the module is defective.
rickster2k17 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2017 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  
I'll check that out and let you know, thanks
rickster2k17 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2017 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged  
I thought I'd throw this out there before I changed those wires
the wires coming out of the Scosche GM09SR interface are as follows red, yellow, black, purple and orange and the car harness wires are yellow, purple, black then one stripped/blue. then the wires from the car radio Alpine CDE-140 are red, orange, yellow, black, blue and a stripped blue?
That's all besides the speakers that are ok. from the wires coming out of the radio there is one stripped and one solid blue. then coming out of the car harness there are two purple (not speakers) turning into one (what would those be for?) that I've connected to the one purple coming from the Scosche GM09SR interface
anyway any kind of help would be appreciated. thanks
rickster2k17 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2017 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, but I should have mentioned before that the Scosche GM09SR interface had a SPDT relay connected to it but I removed it, is it possible that the missing relay could cause this? Now I tried removing the power ant (blue) wire because I don't have a power ant but now the radio starts with ignition is on accessories but shuts off when I turn ignition to on and I have to turn ignition off then it will go on when I turn the ignition back on to accessories until I turn it completely to on? I hope this helps, again thanks in advance
rickster2k17 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2017 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
For some reason that I don't know, my radio is working perfectly now? I called Scosche and they sent me instructions on how to reset the Scosche GM09SR interface and I suppose that fixed it? thanks to everyone for their help

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic