the12volt.com spacer
icon

Remote start issues, 2005 Dodge Neon SRT4

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
egsteban 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2017 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote egsteban
Car: 2005 Dodge Neon SRT4
Alarm/RS: Viper 791XV
Bypass Module: DBALL3
Issue:
No brake shutdown signal
I wired up the brake shutdown wire from the DBALL3 to the remote starter as per the instructions on the DBALL3 wiring info and it isn't shutting off or letting the key take over when running via remote start.
I tried to wire the brake shutdown wire from the RS directly to the white/tan wire on the brake switch and the remote start will flash the lights twice and nothing else happens. (no ignition, no accessory, no crank)
I tried to isolate the brake wire with a relay and the remote start acts the same way as when I have the wire directly to the brake switch.
If I don't have the wire hooked up, with the car remote started, I can feed it 12v and the car will shut down accordingly.
I have tested the white/tan wire at the brake switch and it goes to ground when the brake isn't being pressed on, but goes to 12v when I press on the brake pedal.
I am baffled by this, I have never had this happen before.
Can anyone shoot some ideas my way?
Thanks all!
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2017 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
Something's not adding up here. Try wiring just the coil of the relay to the brake switch (85) and ground (86). Does the relay click right away or only when you press the brake? Report back when you can.
egsteban 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2017 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote egsteban
I did that.
The relay clicks when I press on the pedal.
Something I observed:
Being that my brake wire goes negative when not pressed I can feed power with my probe to the other side of the relay and make it click.
I don't know if it helps, but I am letting you know just in case.
shark mobile 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2017 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shark mobile
Very strange...but with that said what are you using to trip your relay...I would suspect the white/tan. Silly question but are the brakes lighting up...I’ve seen 12 volts not have the amps to throw a relay...especially when dealing with dodges you never know what kind of mess you’re dealing with.   
If all else fails you could use the door pin as a trigger to send 12V to the RS brake wire. So when the door opens it shuts down like some PTS. Brakes usually have a negative trigger you could meter for and use that to trip the relay with a ground rather than the white /tan. Can be so frustrating!!! Hope it works out
Solder, tape, repeat!
tdbaker021 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2017 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdbaker021
What wire are you using on the DBALL3? I have always used the brake wire from the RS... None of this makes sense but I'm also not a full time installer. Looking at the Viper install guide the brown H3/3 wire is the (+) Brake Shutdown Wire. Is this the wire you are using? Looking at the DBALL3 install for your car I don't even see a wire for the brake shutdown? Also you shouldn't even need a relay. Your Neon and the RS are both (+)
egsteban 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2017 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote egsteban
shark mobile wrote:
Very strange...but with that said what are you using to trip your relay...I would suspect the white/tan. Silly question but are the brakes lighting up...I’ve seen 12 volts not have the amps to throw a relay...especially when dealing with dodges you never know what kind of mess you’re dealing with.   
If all else fails you could use the door pin as a trigger to send 12V to the RS brake wire. So when the door opens it shuts down like some PTS. Brakes usually have a negative trigger you could meter for and use that to trip the relay with a ground rather than the white /tan. Can be so frustrating!!! Hope it works out
Yeah the brake lights are lighting up no problem. And yes, the white/tan is the wire I am using from the brake switch. And the relay does in fact kick over with the 12v the wire supplies.
I don't want it to turn off with the door opening, I would like for jtnto work how it is meant to. This is a head scratcher for sure.
egsteban 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2017 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote egsteban
tdbaker021 wrote:
What wire are you using on the DBALL3? I have always used the brake wire from the RS... None of this makes sense but I'm also not a full time installer. Looking at the Viper install guide the brown H3/3 wire is the (+) Brake Shutdown Wire. Is this the wire you are using? Looking at the DBALL3 install for your car I don't even see a wire for the brake shutdown? Also you shouldn't even need a relay. Your Neon and the RS are both (+)
On the DBALL3 I am using the grey wire.
Yes H3/3 is the wire I am using on the RS. The DBALL3 wiring guide in the W2W chart indicates the brake wire is wired up to the RS.
The reason I used the relay was to isolate the wire because if I go straight to it from the RS it won't even try to remote start, as stated in my OP, same deal with the relay wired up.
tdbaker021 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2017 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdbaker021
I’m sure you connected the harnesses as instructed for W2W and the Module is flashed with the correct firmware? Not sure what else could be causing your issues. I feel like it’s something simple that’s being looked over. Sorry man. I’ll keep digging

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic