the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Dodge Dart, Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2017 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Does your car have AUTO Headlights? Which Type # install diagram did you follow?
Think I would double check my wiring in that section of the install.
Soldering is fun!
sparxx513 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2018 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparxx513
Hey Kreg,
Bringing up an old post here. Cousin went to remote start this dart. started fine and cousin accidently hit the brake which shut off the remote start. Car now wont start with the key, just cranks. When i try the remote start i can hear the remote start relays clicking, but car does not crank. If i unplug the idatalink i get nothing when turning the key, not even the car powering up.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2018 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Well, the fact that the remote started engine was shutdown inadvertently by pressing the
Brake pedal before the key was inserted shouldn't be an issue. It happens frequently
and never causes any harm to the system.
Not sure what the exact problem is right now but unplugging the ADS AL-CA is definitely
not the thing to do. Remember that you cut the Darts IMO LIM wire at the ignition node
to make the bypass connections. Unplugging the bypass module will leave that wire open
and give the indications ( no crank ) you mentioned.
Think I would pull the power fuses to the R/S system and then plug in / reseat all the R/S
and bypass module harnesses.   Not sure if you went D2D or W2W and if you made solder
connections but I would check all of those points. Next insert the fuses and try a key start.
Soldering is fun!
sparxx_513 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2018 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparxx_513
I did notice when I attempt the remote start at first the light on the Alva flashes green and the very beginning, then during the time the car would normally crank, the light turns solid red. I took a video but not sure how to upload it.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic