the12volt.com spacer
icon

Compustar for DIY install?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
keenxxx 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2017 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote keenxxx
From what I have read Compustar is meant for a dealer install. Is there enough info provided with the controller (FT7000AS) for a DIY to complete the install? I read the installation manual , I found online, and there is a boat load of info. compared to other remote start / security installs. For those that have done the install - Is the first step of programming remotes easily done? Are programming options handled ok by the remotes or is having the OP500 programmer a must? Any pitfalls worth mentioning - firmware, wiring etc? Thanks.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2017 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Pairing the remotes is very easy. I usually do it on the bench during prep with a +12V P.S.
While it is possible to set the programming options with the remotes, the OP-500 makes it much easier
just like the BitWriter does for DEI products. However, there are two Special Option Groups that
can only be accessed with the OP-500.
Just a note on the Compustar units that can support ADS Blade cartridges : You can only flash the
Blade firmware while the cartridge is inserted into the Compustar controller using the ADS USB
cable. The ADS USB cable sells for < $30. In addition to the ADS USB cable you must obtain
access to the iDatalink Flash WEB Link site. When you connect everything up and sign in to Flash
the cartridge, you can also update the Compustar controller firmware ( if needed ) and set all the
programmable options online.
Soldering is fun!
keenxxx 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2017 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote keenxxx
kreg357 wrote:
Pairing the remotes is very easy. I usually do it on the bench during prep with a +12V P.S.
While it is possible to set the programming options with the remotes, the OP-500 makes it much easier
just like the BitWriter does for DEI products. However, there are two Special Option Groups that
can only be accessed with the OP-500.
Just a note on the Compustar units that can support ADS Blade cartridges : You can only flash the
Blade firmware while the cartridge is inserted into the Compustar controller using the ADS USB
cable. The ADS USB cable sells for < $30. In addition to the ADS USB cable you must obtain
access to the iDatalink Flash WEB Link site. When you connect everything up and sign in to Flash
the cartridge, you can also update the Compustar controller firmware ( if needed ) and set all the
programmable options online.
I don't need a bypass module but Idatalink access is for dealers only...I tried.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic