the12volt.com spacer
icon

Remote Start, 3 Ignition Wires Causing Issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
briandye 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2017 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote briandye
My Viper keyless entry/remote start is working great, however I have a few questions.
My vehicle (2005 Grand Marquis/Crown Vic) has 3 ignition wires, and 1 accessory. The remote start only had 2 ignitions and 1 accessory. I used two relays to power the two ignition wires, using the one of the ignition outputs on the RS as the trigger for the relays.
It works great as it is for remote start purposes, but with using the two relays, one of those ignition wires doesn’t see a signal when my key is on, so I can’t get the unit in programming mode, and the easy exit mode doesn’t work (hitting the RS button to keep the car on while taking the key out) it will try to crank because it doesn’t sense that the car is already on without that ignition wire seeing voltage. (I’m assuming that...)
Is there any way that I can wire something up to get that ignition wire to see power with the relays?
I originally had just one relay, using the output as a trigger and the actual output to one of the ignition wires, but it would keep the relay on when I turned the car off/remote start off and I was told on here i’d need the dual-relay set up which fixed that issue.
Now that I think of it, I’m not sure if those are on “Ign 1” or “Ign 2” output. If they’re on ignition 1, and I swap that wire with ignition 2, will it function like normal with “only one” ignition wire? Surely there’s gotta be a vehicle out there somewhere that only has one ignition wire to power lol.
Thanks for any help! This site has been a TREMENDOUS help so far.
2006 Explorer XLT
2009 Ford Fusion SEL
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 22, 2017 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
I see you have a 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis. That's a good start.
What is the make/model of your remote start system?
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2017 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Current Viper models. Use the pink for ignition 1 (the wire that stays live during cranking).
Use the pink white for the second ignition.
Use the low current pink or pink/white at the 24 pin plug to relay 85.
12V+ constant, fused at 30 amps to 86 and 87.
30 to 3rd. ignition.
Diode 1N4004 across coil 85 and 86, band (+) to 86.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 24, 2017 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Ha! The doctor says my "foot in mouth" syndrome is terminal. How did I miss it was a Viper? Howie, I should have you proofread everything before I post.
Merry Christmas everybody.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2017 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Ha ha and the same to you and everybody else, OP the rules here also ask for make and model of Alarm/RS !!!!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic