the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 crown vic p71, avital remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
system76 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2018 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote system76
I want to install avital 4103 to my police interceptor. There is my question:
- My car has 2 accessory wires, which one do I need to connect?
- It will be work (remote start) if I mot conbect wire for checking tramsmission gear? (Neutral switch)
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2018 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Why not get a 30/40 Amp SPDT relay and use the convenient 4103 Orange (-) 200mA Accessory Output wire to control
the relay and provide the ACC2 wire with power during a R/S?
Pretty sure all P71's are auto transmission, so it's OK to run the Neutral Safety switch wire to chassis ground.
You should verify that the engine will not start in any gear other than Park and Neutral.
Soldering is fun!
system76 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2018 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote system76
Cam uou send me ignition wires for police interceptor 2007. Because my wires os different what I found on the internet
system76 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2018 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote system76
Ok, Am just installed remote start, but car cant start
There is a video Video
I was try to push button once, but there is this same problem
system76 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2018 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote system76
Ok, I found fail code, It is:
4 flashes Transmitter Shutdown (or optional push button)
Whats wrong?
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2018 at 5:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
What did you do with the white/blue activation input ?
What do you have the activation presses set to ?
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
system76 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2018 at 5:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote system76
Whoops is it not connected. I forgot. So white/blue wire? Can I connect it to ground, with switch, yes?
system76 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2018 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote system76
Am just connect white/blue activation input to ground with swirch. But I have still this same problem. Car sometimes start, sometis, just crank, but not start.
Fail code is: 4 flashes Transmitter Shutdown (or optional push button)
Whats wrong?
system76 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2018 at 5:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote system76
Also I want to lock/unlock door with remote key.
I connected
1 BLUE (-) UNLOCK OUTPUT to pink with light green
2 EMPTY NOT USED
3 GREEN (-) LOCK OUTPUT to pink with yellow
But this is not working
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2018 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Your Crown Vic has Type A door locks. These wires need a (+) signal to control the locks. The Avital
4103 outputs a (-) signal on those wires. You need a Directed 451M or use relays to convert the Avital's
(-) signal to the cars required (+) signal.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic