the12volt.com spacer
icon

5305V with DB3 D2D 2015 GMC Savana

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bludrok 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2018 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bludrok
Hello,
I have 4 service vans that need alarms installed. I was going to have a shop do it, but they completely screwed up the first van. I had to go in a redo everything. So much so that I decided to tackle the others on my own. It was a different van that the one in question though.
I already have the DB3 flashed for my vehicle, so that is not an issue.
I pretty much understand everything, except I am trying to figure out what wires are optional on the 5305V since I am using D2D?   
Looking at the following guide, what wires do I actually have to hook up?
5x05 Quick Reference Install Guide
bludrok 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2018 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bludrok
Going off of the DB3 install guide, it looks like this is how I hook it up, but I am a little unsure since the remote start harness is only using 1 wire. Is this Right? Or do I need to hook up more wires?
On the 5 pin main harness:
1. Black - (-) to Ground
2. Brown - (+) to Siren
3. Red   - (+) to constant 12v [BCM X4 Pin 1]
5. White - (-) to Parking lights [BCM X2 Pin 8]
On the 10 pin remote start harness:
10. Pink - to (+) Ignition output on module [14 Pin connector Pin 8] and ignition switch connector pin 2 on vehicle, using a 1A diode.
On the 24 pin harness:
9. Gray          - to Hood Pin on vehicle [BCM under passenger dash, pin 17]
12. Violet/White - to (AC) Tach output on module [12 Pin connector Pin 5]
13. Black/white - to Parking brake on vehicle [BCM under passenger dash, pin 16]
16. Brown/Black - to horn trigger on vehicle [BCM under passenger dash, pin 18]
Also, does the DB3 module handle starter kill, or do I need to use the orange wire (Pin 4) of the main 5 Pin harness? If I have to use the wire, I am assuming I need to manually install a relay, is that right?
I have also read about wiring the Tach instead of virtual Tach, for that I am assuming I would wire pin 12 of the 24 pin harness on the 5305V to the vehicle [ECM in engine compartment, gray 80 pin plug, pin 64], is that right? I have the 4.8L model.
Sorry if these are very basic questions, I am very electrically inclined, but have never done anything like this before. Thanks so much for your help.
bludrok 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2018 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bludrok
Can anyone chime in on this? I am going to be installing these alarms this weekend, and really want to make sure I know what I am supposed to do before I attempt doing it, lol. :)
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2018 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
What is the year/make/model of the vans, and what firmware is flashed in the DB3?--Never mind I realize that you have that in the title.
Lectric Guy
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2018 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
I am assuming you are using D2D connection between the Viper and the DB3.
Going off of the DB3 install guide, it looks like this is how I hook it up, but I am a little unsure since the remote start harness is only using 1 wire. Is this Right?
Correct.   Accessory and ignition from the DB3 and the Ignition (through a diode) are used.
On the 5 pin main harness:
1. Black - (-) to Ground
2. Brown - (+) to Siren
3. Red   - (+) to constant 12v [BCM X4 Pin 1]
5. White - (-) to Parking lights [BCM X2 Pin 8]
Correct.
On the 10 pin remote start harness:
10. Pink - to (+) Ignition output on module [14 Pin connector Pin 8] and ignition switch connector pin 2 on vehicle, using a 1A diode.
Also need +12V power for the RS. I always provide power to all the 12V inputs. You certainly need pin 2 powered in this harness.
On the 24 pin harness:
9. Gray          - to Hood Pin on vehicle [BCM under passenger dash, pin 17]
12. Violet/White - to (AC) Tach output on module [12 Pin connector Pin 5]
13. Black/white - to Parking brake on vehicle [BCM under passenger dash, pin 16]
16. Brown/Black - to horn trigger on vehicle [BCM under passenger dash, pin 18]
Yes. Pin 13 can be connected directly to ground (I assume your vehicle is automatic transmission).
Also, does the DB3 module handle starter kill, or do I need to use the orange wire (Pin 4) of the main 5 Pin harness? If I have to use the wire, I am assuming I need to manually install a relay, is that right?
Correct, It does not handle starter kill.   You would cut the start wire from the ignition switch, and wire as follows:
85: Orange Ground When Armed from the Viper
86: + Ignition wire from ignition switch
cut start wire from ignition switch
30: Key side of start wire from ignition switch
87A: Engine side of start wire from ignition switch
Diode from 86 to 85, band toward 86.
I have also read about wiring the Tach instead of virtual Tach, for that I am assuming I would wire pin 12 of the 24 pin harness on the 5305V to the vehicle [ECM in engine compartment, gray 80 pin plug, pin 64], is that right? I have the 4.8L model.
The DB3 provides a data tach output. Hook up the Viper tach wire to the DB3 violet/white and try learning tach.
Lectric Guy

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic