the12volt.com spacer
icon

Noise in New Boat Stereo System

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shark mobile 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2018 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shark mobile
Actually that’s a really good idea...now that I think about it I had a badly grounded speaker cause all kinds of noise and issues in a boat years ago. And I found it by process of elimination lol. One speaker with a corroded ground connection...little monsters!
Solder, tape, repeat!
t_bone17 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2018 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote t_bone17
Disconnected all of the speakers from the amp and reconnected them all individually, the noise was present and consistent in all speakers.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 31, 2018 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Have you tried turning the gains all the way down?
t_bone17 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2018 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote t_bone17
Turning the gains all the way down does help a little. But the noise is still there. And all the way down, I don’t get much sound out of the speakers. They are at about 15-20% right now. With the noise pretty noticeable.
t_bone17 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2018 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote t_bone17
So I am even more lost now.
I took out the left channel in boat speakers, cut off the butt connectors at the speakers, and at the amp (just incase they were the problem)
took a few videos with my phone to try and capture the sound too see if it could help any.
Firstly there is something really weird going on with my camera on my phone. Listen to attached videos.
Attempted video of noise in speakers
Speaker noise
Video of speakers with and without power, still has weird phone video sound, and its hard to tell the difference in the speaker noise.
With and without power
Another test, no speaker powered on in this one
No Power
Video of me walking through my hall seeing if the video repeated the "beep boop"
Inside Test
I took another couple videos with my camera to see if it would replicate the weird "beep boop" but i think it is just my phone camera. But in these videos you can hear the noise in the speakers better, there is still a lot of white noise in the video without the speaker noise, so you only can barely tell when the speakers power on and the noise is there.
Test With Camera 1
Test With Camera 2
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic