the12volt.com spacer
icon

2013 Silverado 2500 Remote Start and Ads-alca

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nkrat 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2018 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nkrat
Hi, I haven't attempted install yet. I like to have all information before going after it. So I have the ads-alca it's been flashed to gm10 with data mode. The truck has a factory remote start. Do I need to install the heavy gauge? Btw it's a viper 5305 alarm and remote start. I'm also assuming on the aux/shutdown harness I need to hook up any of the extra triggers I want. I use the a pin on the tailgate for the trunk alarm, do I need the hood, it's built in I believe with the truck. Doors should be covered by the module. Basically I just need to know if the data mode covers all the brake shutdown and that fun stuff. Will my heated seats work, or do I have to do something to make them turn on, and so forth. This is my second remote start install, but the other wad on an 06 and it was pretty easy.2013 Silverado 2500 Remote Start and Ads-alca -- posted image.
Holy doodie batman
mustyk@att.net 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2018 at 6:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mustyk@att.net
nkrat: In response to your query, I have used this bypass at least 50 times without any problems . It works pretty flawlessly. That being said, your question about "does it cover brake and all that fun stuff" YES it does cover brake and other features IF you select Protocol: "iData-Link 2-way" . The features it covers are explained on page 2 of the ADS document chart.
thetopinstaller
nkrat 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2018 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nkrat
So, if I'm understanding correctly. I need to hook up the heavy gauge connector, and any additional triggers. Otherwise everything else appears to be covered by the idata module. Is this correct? Pardon, my lack of professional terminology in my original post I was attempting to be funny.
Holy doodie batman
mustyk@att.net 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2018 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mustyk@att.net
If you look at the Wiring diagram, (which is not always detailed enough) you need to hook up heavy gauge wires as follows: Constant 12v, Ignition 1, and Accessory only. NOTE: the only other wires needing connection are the SOLID, BLACK wires in the diagram. The "dashed" wires are not necessary because they are taken care of by the Data bus
thetopinstaller
nkrat 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2018 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nkrat
Thank you, that was exactly the info I was looking for
Holy doodie batman
nkrat 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2018 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nkrat
Where the he'll is the starter wire on this damn truck?
Holy doodie batman
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 02, 2018 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Bulldog says it's not needed for remote start: http://diagrams.marktoonen.nl/printlist.aspx?MakeID=13&ModelID=20269
If you were simply hardwiring and not using an interface to trigger the starter, you could run under the hood to the starter relay, or the starter itself. You'd also want to wire up some relays so it would only crank in park or neutral (since you'd be bypassing that):
http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd/DownloadPdf?id=1002486
You can still run under the hood if you want to install a starter kill relay, though.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
nkrat 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2018 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nkrat
You may of just made my day. If I'm understanding you correctly. Since I'm using the hear a interface. I feel like I don't need to connect the 10 gauge wires from the remote starter. Is that true?
Holy doodie batman
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 03, 2018 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Connect all the solid wires (not the dashed lines) in the idatalink diagram first, then go from there.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
nkrat 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2018 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nkrat
Just to close out. On the 2013 Silverado you don't need the green or purple heavy gauge wires. You do need the 12v in and the pink
Holy doodie batman
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic