icon

Audiovox aps-996 in a 98 f150

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mville656 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2003 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  

Ok here is the set up.  I feel that I am fairly good at working on cars.  I also THOUGHT that I was fairly good at auto electronics, until I started to put this stupid remote start/ alarm in.  I have most of the wires hooked up to where I guessed that they went, but the stupid thing (Audiovox Prestige ASP-996) doesn't work at all.  Is there anyone out there that can coach me through this? Or has done one on this truck before and can give me some advise.  Even if some one could get me a color/location  chart for my truck I would be very thankful.  It is a 1998 F150 XLT with out keyless entry.  I haven't had any luck by myself and am now admitting defeat and asking for help.  This seems like a nice unit and I would hate to have to take it out.

Thanks,

Mike

mville656@hotmail.com

DeathsJester12V 
Silver - Posts: 352
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2003 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  
F-150
It says '99 but the '98 F-150 is the same.
You will need a By-pass module for the remote start probably. Any other questions post or mail me..good luck
DJ12V
mville656 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2003 at 5:48 AM / IP Logged  
I don't think I need the by-pass because I don't have a chip in my key....right?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 04, 2003 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
If the key has a thick head and there's a red flashing THEFT light in the dash, you do have a transponder key.
Also, there are a whole list of reasons why the 996 may not be working...some troubleshooting will be required. Do the alarm features work, or none at all? Is the control switch plugged in and turned on? Is the antenna plugged in? Have you programmed tach?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic