the12volt.com spacer
icon

Dodge Durango Unlock Sequence

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
trey003 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2018 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote trey003
wirewise,
just for clarification. it is my understanding that you are recommending me taking the negative unlock output from the 451m and tapping that into the Blue unlock wire that feeds the drivers door lock motor. is that correct?
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 30, 2018 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
No, you will need to add an SPDT relay triggered by the unlock negative output from the 451m. You'll cut the driver's door lock actuator's blue wire and wire it as shown on the left relay in this diagram: https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram3.html.
~wirewise~ Verify all wiring with your meter before making any connections!
trey003 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2018 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote trey003
Thank you again. You seem to have all the answers. Do you happen to know the wire color for 12V constant going into the door? I am trying to avoid removing this old door panel if I can.
wirewise 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 30, 2018 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
You do not have to use the 12V+ lead going into the door. You can use the 12V+ source for your alarm. If you want to use the one in the door, you'll have to use your meter to find it.
trey003 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2018 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote trey003
Sorry about the previous post. It was not me. I left my computer on, and someone else thought that they were funnier than they are. Thanks for all your help.
trey003 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2018 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote trey003
I still need help with the driver's door unlock function if anyone is available.
I am having difficulty with the lock & unlock wires - 2000 Durango.
It is my understudying that my wire colors should be orange/black for lock, and blue for unlock.
Cutting orange/black disables locks in both directions.
Cutting blue has no effect.
Can someone verify that I definitely have the right wires for the driver's door lock motor - blue for unlock, and orange/black for lock.
The blue is a small wire than than the orange/bk.
Using a meter, what am I looking for. Please feel free to explain it as simply as possible. I will not be offended.
This is kicking my butt, and any help is definitely appreciated.
wirewise 
Posted: January 31, 2018 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
The "unlock wire" to the driver's door lock actuator will show ground at rest and during lock. It will show 12V+ during unlock only. Use your meter to find/confirm the correct wire. If you do not have a way to test the wire in the kick panel correctly, you'll need to go directly to the actuator inside the door, then trace the wire from there or run two wires inside the door and make your connections there.
trey003 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2018 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote trey003
Thanks. The first part makes sense.
You also wrote, " If you do not have a suitable way to test the wire in the kick panel correctly"... What do you consider a suitable way?
Should I be asking for correct wire colors in a different forum?
wirewise 
Posted: January 31, 2018 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
I didn't use the word "suitable", but I did write "meter". I personally use a digital voltage/ohm meter to verify wiring.
trey003 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2018 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote trey003
Thank your for your help "i am an idiot", and "wirewise".
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic