the12volt.com spacer
icon

Compustar T9 with Blade AL thoughts

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cumberland2way 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2018 at 5:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cumberland2way
I want to install a remote start/security system in my 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. I've been looking at the Compustar T9 with Blade AL. Mainly because I have install a Compustar before, several years ago. I want the LCD extended range remote. I've read that the Blade AL will allow me to keep my keys but that it needs flashed. Can I do that? I am assuming I can if I get the cable and somehow get onto idatalinks website. I'm not out to start a business, just take care of my own. Any help would be appreciated. You folks helped tremendously on the previous install, years ago. Thx.
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 31, 2018 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
you would need the flasher but getting a compustar sign on is easy and you don't need to be a seller/installer of there stuff. My own opion, compustar is the best stuff on the market today. There remotes/product are 100x better than vipers. Only thing i don't like is they still take AAA batteries. i wish they were plug in rechargeable. I have been installing them for a few years now and have very little problems with them. My part timer uses them and i use them on both of my vehicles. There tech support is awesome and they care about there products more than viper. These are just my own opions but i have been a installer for almost 30 years. Vipers good and would use them over audiovox or cold alarm or bull dog (which i think are all owned by audiovox), just not as good as compustar.
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2018 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
save yourself some money and get a BLADE TB, the Blade AL will flash to a tb for your car. You have to buy the weblink cable, or have somebody flash it for you, and depending if you have two or key one, a Klon might be needed (for one key).
cumberland2way 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2018 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cumberland2way
Thanks all for the input. Appreciate it. And yes, got a idatalink login. I was afraid at first they only allowed Installers to get one. Very good. I guess I will wait a bit for some warmer weather here in Tn. Again, Thx all!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic