the12volt.com spacer
icon

Basic Wiring for RS/Alarm Viper 5706v

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zarmstrong92 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2018 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zarmstrong92
Hello,
I'm halfway through an alarm/RS install on the GF's car and have a couple of questions about wiring. I installed an alarm/RS in one of my old cars 7-8 years ago and had no issues at all, but am having some trouble with this one. Either the install process got more complex, or I just got dumber. It's a 2015 Honda CR-V with no fancy factory options -- pretty much just power windows/locks, standard key, trunk has to be opened manually, OEM hood switch installed and really no other additional accessories that have to be wired to the alarm/RS. I've got the alarm system installed (doors lock/unlock, siren chirps etc.) but am unsure about the 10 pin RS harness since the terminology is tricky, to me at least..
Question #1: By looking at the images below, what wires from the Viper harness need to be attached to the OEM 5 pin connector, and to which of the 5 pins?
   I was under the impression that the Red 12v constant wire from the 6 pin harness and the red + red/black wire from the 10 pin harness all needed to go to a constant 12v, which would be the white wire.
   The pink (viper 10 pin) ignition 1 input wire would connect to the red (OEM) ignition wire.
   Would it be the green or violet starter (viper 10 pin) wire that would connect to the green (OEM) starter wire?
   I've connected the orange (viper 10 pin) Accessory Output + wire to the OEM Accessory Blue + wire.
   I have no idea what should connect to the OEM Second Accessory wire though..
Basic Wiring for RS/Alarm Viper 5706v -- posted image.
Question 2: I'm 100% certain that I have tapped into the correct parking light wire (-) and have set the Viper internal fuse to the (-) position, but I still can't get the parking lights to function... What can I do to troubleshoot this? I've tried splicing it in two different places and even set the internal fuse position to (+) just to test it and haven't had any luck. All I hear are the clicks coming from the dash that indicate the lights should be flashing.
As far as the 6 pin harness goes, obviously the red wires goes to 12v constant, black is grounded, brown goes to the siren (+), white goes to the parking light that still doesn't work, and I read that I don't need the white/brown or orange wire. Let me know if any of that sounds wacky to you.
Any help is greatly appreciated. I only agreed to do this because on my old car the entire process took about four hours. I've already spent about 10 hours on this since I'm unfamiliar with the car (and Honda's in general).
Thanks,
Zack
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2018 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote monty_77
For the first question
For the starter if you want antigrind feature you will cut the starter wire and put the purple wire on the vehicle side of the remaining wire and the green on the key side, this will then when remote started and key turned forward not grinned the starter on accident.
If this is not wanted just hook the purple wire to the starter wire and not hook up the green one from starter
As for the second accessory hook the red/white of 5he flex relay to 12v and the pink/white to the second accessory of the vehicle. program it for accessory or some have a jumper you can move
monty_77 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2018 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote monty_77
Second question
Does the parking lights turn on with switch still if not check fuses,
Should be blue at headlight switch, white 12 pin plug, pin 8
And should be negative
Make sure fuse for park lights is in the negative tie white wire to the light blue at headlight switch, white 12 pin plug, pin 8
Make sure the fuse on the alarm is not blown
Are you checking for the flashes looking at the parking light some vehicle will not flash dash light when remote starting
As to first question you will mot us the pink/black wire of the 10 pin
monty_77 
Posted: February 13, 2018 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote monty_77
Another question what are you using for a bypass some do door locks and some dont
If it has autoheadlights will want to hook up arm wire
zarmstrong92 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2018 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zarmstrong92
Thank you for the quick response.
Did all of my other connections seem right?
So it would be (6 pin) red, (10 pin) red, red/black, and red/white all going to the 12v white on OEM harness
(10 pin) Pink ignition input/output going to the red OEM ignition wire
Purple and Green starter input/output going to OEM green starter wire (key side and vehicle side)
Orange Accessory output going to OEM blue accessory wire
Pink/White Ignition 2/flex relay going to OEM second accessory
Let me know if that looks good!
The diagram I have been using said to tap into the dark blue wire as pictured below. Perhaps I have tapped into the wrong one... The parking lights still work with the OEM multifunction switch so I will check the fuse on the alarm when I get home.
Also, there are no auto lights and I am using a DB3 to bypass. All doors lock/unlock at once.
monty_77 
Posted: February 13, 2018 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote monty_77
Yes the rest look right
I will pm you with pic of head light switch I have
zarmstrong92 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2018 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zarmstrong92
Thanks for the help.
So what I'm gathering is that I didn't have to hardwire anything on the 24 pin Aux harness besides the brake switch and maybe grounding the neutral/e-brake wire?
I'm using a 5706v with a DB3 immobilizer.
monty_77 
Posted: February 13, 2018 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote monty_77
With a db3 there is the possibility that you don't need the brake wire ether. just the wires at the ignition switch and park-lights from the remote starter, and wires from the bypass
Even with alarm most data will come thorough the bypass
zarmstrong92 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2018 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote zarmstrong92
Well apparently Photobucket doesn't like 3rd party hosting.... If anyone needs 12-16 Honda CR-V wiring pictures just send me a message.
Another question: I have been dealing with a "Trunk open" key fob notification/alarm chirp every time I locked the car. I just switched the trunk alarm settings from normally open to normally closed. I was excited when I locked it and didn't get the error/hear the chirp.... well, until I unlocked it. Now I get the trunk open alarm/notification when I unlock the car and the siren goes off if I remote start it like this. Anyone have any idea what is causing this? To my understanding, the trunk and hood info should be communicated through D2D? Any help appreciated!
Thanks,
Zack

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic