icon

Channel on Amp Not Working?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ryanjrod 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2018 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
My 4 channel pyramid arctic pb417x amplifier is set up so that each channel drives a speaker - front left, back left, front right, back right. The 3rd channel or the front right speaker has not been giving sound at all, even though all the other channels work fine. I've switched wiring and tried known good speakers, and nothing. But when I put my digital multimeter to measure voltage, the output terminals on the channel give a reading around 19-21 when the multimeteris set for 200m...is this a blown channel or is there potentially something else going on? I'm using high end stinger 12 gauge wiring throughout the car, and all the speakers are brand new. Just need tips or advice on how to get the channel going
Ryan James
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 13, 2018 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
Did you try switching an rca from one of the working channels to the one that does not work?
ryanjrod 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2018 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
Ya I've done that and the problem is channel specific. Doesn't matter which rca I put on that channel, that speaker then stops working. It's just strange that it's reading anywhere from 19 - 21 volts both at the speaker inputs and at the end of the speaker wire, if it's putting out voltage and the wire is transmitting it, the speakers are all perfect and working, what is the problem?
Ryan James
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 13, 2018 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
If you have it on the 200 millivolt scale it is putting out 19 millivolts which you will not hear in a speaker.
Put meter on 20 volt scale and read the other channels while playing. Then notice this channel with it on the same scale.
ryanjrod 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2018 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
I just went back and rechecked all the wiring again and as I was plugging channel 3 rca back in I touched the hp/lp/full switch and suddenly channel 3 works. A week and a half I've been trying to figure out wth the problem was and it starts working when touch a switch. Not flip the switch, touch it. Seems to me there's more a connection issue in the amp...
Ryan James

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic