the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

DB3 Interface Silverado/Sierra lock settings?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xxrzdxx 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2018 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
I'm using a DB3 interface in my 2011 GMC Sierra Crew Cab to control door locks through data. The default setting for the locks is driver door priority, when set to this option all of the locks unlock at once? This would be fine as that is how I prefer it, however once in a while I'll hit the unlock button on the remote and only the rear doors of the crew cab unlock. I don't believe this should even be an option. Has anyone else ran into this?
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2018 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
What make and model remote start/alarm are you using?
If db3 is set to priority and it unlocks all then chances are you have it the main starter/alarm set to unlock with double pulse
As just for the back doors I am not sure, I have never had this happen to me
Do you have the latest firmware If so try to flash it with an older one
xxrzdxx 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2018 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
I have it connected to a Viper 5706v through D2D. When the RS works it works perfect but once in a while I go to pull on the driver handle and notice only the rears are unlocked, until I unlock the truck with the fob again. I went into the button/led settings on the DB3 and it was set to driver priority unlock, so I changed it to unlock all, but there was no difference. Regardless of that setting on the bypass, all door unlock most of the time and somtimes only the rear. I would love to try a different firmware, but I am not a dealer and had to purchase the unit from someone that would pre-load the firmware. I don't know if it is related but the when remote starting the truck it will sometimes not crank until the second remote start attempt. The most frustrating part about these two issues is that are intermittent and can not be duplicated intentionally, to know if a fix has worked.
monty_77 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2018 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
Try to reprogram it
Can try to do a soft reset
Plug in all harnesses except d2d and hold program button the plug in d2d
When it flashes orange release should go solid red done
This will save setting
If that doesn’t work try a hard reset
Same as above instead of releasing when it goes orange hold until it flashes orange and red then release
This will erase all setting back to default
another lance 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2018 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed a 5706 and DB3 with D2D and I haven’t had this problem. I did change it to ignition controlled locks but for some reason if you turn off the engine using the remote, all the doors unlock. I’d like them to stay locked until i disarm.
Also I can still start the engine with the key even while armed, no starter kill function?
xxrzdxx 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2018 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
I tried another bypass brand previously and I prefer they way this one operates (most of the time). I feel like the only thing that could be causing this is something with the firmware or a setting only accessible through directechs, so it's unfortunate that I have no way to do any of this on my own. I kind of get why from a business standpoint that they would only want dealers to have access, but at the same time, I installed this stuff as a job for three years and there's no way I'm going to pay extra to have someone else do something like this.
From what I understand, soft resetting only clears the vehicle that is learned to the bypass unit. I tried a hard reset expecting to only reset the option programming on a different DB3 I had, and was no longer able to program my vehicle to it afterwards.
monty_77 
Posted: February 20, 2018 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
For door lock
On menu 3
Item 16 remote start safety lock set to on
As for the starter kill you are going to need two relays and a diode
Tap the ignition wire with the cathode of the diode towards the relays
On relay one attach ignition to pin 86 and 30, also ignition to 86 on relay 2
Relay on pin 87 to accessory wire, pin 85 to relay 2 pin 87a
On relay 2 pin 30 attach ground will armed
On relay 2 pin 85 attach ground will running
DB3 Interface Silverado/Sierra lock settings? -- posted image.
another lance 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2018 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
Awesome! Thanks!
monty_77 
Posted: February 20, 2018 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
Note that this is only going to work on gms with this type of ignition
xxrzdxx 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2018 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
As a follow-up I ended up pulling the DB3 and going with an iDatalink ALCA. Haven't had a problem with it yet. It doesn't give the option to set the heated seat temperature, but I'll live with it.
There is a setting for the idatalink in online interface programming to force all doors to unlock with first unlock press, I imagine there is a similar setting for the DB3, and why the user programmable options had no effect.
Note: The idatalink lists rear defogger as an available option during programming, however it does not actually function. Most of the application charts didn't list this for the truck, so I kind of expected this.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic