Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tdi200 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2018 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  
wanted some expert help from the legends
here is the scenario:
i was looking for GNTX 453 with homelink and compass ended up visiting junkyard and found GNTX 453 (ZTVHL3) from 2007 Hyundai Azera got one with the harness and will be using the mirror for my 2014 camry since camry came prewired for homelink the plugs hidden in the overhead console
so could you help me with the pinouts of the gntx that came from the 2007 azera here is the colors of the wire from the other end of the harness so i can match it up with my camry oem plug
Black
Red
Yellow
Brown
the Oem connector pinouts from my 2014 camry LE is as follow
White with Black strips= Ground
White= constant 12v
Grey= 12V switched by ignition
Thank you for helping me out
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2018 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  
The harness colours that were used by the Azera would be specific to that model - so can't cross reference that to any Gentex "standard".
Black would be ground. Red should connect to switched 12V. One of the remaining wires usually connects to the reverse lamps to undim the mirror - since you don't have that in your car's harness, you don't need to worry about the remaining wires.
tdi200 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2018 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you i will give it a shot your explanation does make sense i have seen this https://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/aftermarket/gentex_mirror2.pdf they mentioned about the colors but i think the mirror also comes with temp sensor and it could be the yellow and brown be for temp sensor as when i see through the mirror i can see C AND F
tdi200 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2018 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
found this from hyundai forum so you were right the other wire was indeed for undim the mirror based on the diagram i will be wanting my homelink only work on when keys are in so i will be using pin 10 and pin 8 for ground 2007 Hyundai Azera Rear View Mirror Pinouts -- posted image.
tdi200 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2018 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
So i finally got the job done everything is working including auto dim feature so i did join switched +12v wire for compass and homelink turned out great tried my best to tidy up the wire and i am happy with that plus i kept the oem connector visible just incase something like smoke happens and i will be quick to react to it lol
so 2007 Hyundai rearview mirror working great on 2014 camry LE more info can be found at Toyota nation forum under Camry 7th Generation (2012-2017) titled as "Rearview Mirror (GNTX 453) DIY"
so i had the homelink and compass joined together and tapped into switched +12v wire (camrys Grey= 12V switched by ignition) and didn't use the reverse gear signal
here are my pictures
2007 Hyundai Azera Rear View Mirror Pinouts -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic