icon

CM7200, 2008 Honda Civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
czgu 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2018 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
I'm installing CM7200 to my 2008 Honda Civic. From CM7200 Wiring Schematic, the default jumper setting is +12V parking light. My vehicle requires (-) parking light. How can I set it to (-) trigger?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2018 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
No need. Use the thin Green/White (-) Parking Light wire at Pin 17 of CN5.
Soldering is fun!
czgu 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2018 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks!
The bypass module I use is Blade AL. Do I need to connect door lock and unlock wires to Pin 5 and Pin 7 of Connector 4 (CN4)? I think Blade AL will handle that, right?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2018 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
As long as the Blade AL is flashed with the BLADE-AL(DL)-HA2 firmware it will handle the
Civics Locks via the SWC and Key Data connections. No need to make those connections from
the CM7200-s to the car. You will have to make the Brake, Tach and Horn connections along
with the main ignition wires ( IGN, Starter and 2 ACC's ).
Soldering is fun!
czgu 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2018 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
CM7200, 2008 Honda Civic -- posted image.
I down loaded CM-7200 installation manual. There is a picture connecting FT-ELOCK relay. See picture:
“IMPORTANT: Cut vehicle's starter wire in half. Yellow pigtail wire from pin 30 connects to vehicle’s starter side, Yellow/black from pin 87a connects to key side …”. But in the picture, Pin 30 connects to key side and pin 87a connects to vehicle’s starter side. I'm confused. Two wires reversed. Which way is correct, or I can do either way?
kreg357 
Posted: March 15, 2018 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
Follow the diagram. The write up is incorrect, the colors are OK but they switched the relay pin numbers ( 30 and 87a ).
Soldering is fun!
czgu 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2018 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
So I just follow the diagram, Pin 30 connects to key side, 87a connects to vehicle’s starter side. Pin 86 to ignition and pin 85 to GWA, right?
Today I finished remote start installation. I think I need to add a siren, so when I open/close doors, siren can make some noise.
Thanks for help
kreg357 
Posted: March 15, 2018 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
Or you could connect the CM7200-s to the Civic's Horn. You would have to change an unused POC to (-) Horn,
connect that POC wire to the Civic's Horn wire and program Menu 3, Feature 8 to Option 2. You can do this
with the OP-500 Programmer or online with the ADS USB cable connected and on the iDatalink Flash WEB site.
Soldering is fun!
czgu 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2018 at 7:04 AM / IP Logged  
Oh, I already connected Pin 3 of CN5 to Civic's horn wire. I'll change setting tonight. I have weblink. When I change settings, do I need to disconnect all connectors? Or I can just plugin weblink to CM7200 and use laptop make change in car?
One more question. What's your opinion on EZGO? I think it's cool. But someone said that the battery in EZCO key drains quickly. I don't know if it's true or not. That stops me buying it.
Thanks
kreg357 
Posted: March 16, 2018 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  
Just pull the CM7200-s input power fuses and the antenna harness. ( You don't want both Blue antenna ports
connected to anything at the same time. That pertains more to OP-500 use. ) Then plug in the ADS USB into
the Black 4 Pin connector. Go to Special Option Group 2 and change POC2 to Horn and set the Horn Output in
Option Group 3 to whatever you wish. Make use you click on SAVE in each Group changed before you exit and
unplug the ADS USB cable.
EZGO is a cute feature but I'm not sure how long the battery lasts.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic