the12volt.com spacer
icon

CM7200, 2004 Ford F-350 Diesel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rmotlyintrested 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2018 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rmotlyintrested
arayray94, it looks like there was some confusion - when they asked - Does it keep running when you start it manually (as in with the key, not the remote start). When you said it does the same thing manually, that led to conclusion that it was not remote start related at all. Now that you've clarified that maybe someone will reply with a possible solution to your problem..
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2018 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
The CM7200 spec says it should work with a 1.5 to 4v tach signal.
Did you measure the voltage when you did the tach learn process?
What is the voltage when it shuts down?
What are you using to make these measurements?
arayray94 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2018 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote arayray94
Voltage measured after adjusting the signal generator is just under 3 volts. It shows 0 volts when the engine is off. When I do the tach learn, I hold the brake pedal, hold the remote start button and it flashes twice then whenever I let off the brake it flashes again. Compustar said this is giving an error that tach learn is not enabled. Is this correct? Because why would it not start on cold start but have no issues starting on a warm start? I think it would just not be able to start all the time.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2018 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The two flashes indicate the Tach signal was not learned. The last flash ( assuming a single flash )
indicates that programming option Group 2, Feature 10 is not set at Option 1. Option 1 is Tach Mode.
Can you verify which Option is selected for Group 2 - 10?
Soldering is fun!
arayray94 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2018 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote arayray94
Last flash is a single flash correct. I do not, I have to take it back to my installer to try and reprogram it.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2018 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Here is a link to the complete CM7200-s manual :
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=1399
See Page 15 for more Tach Learn info.
If your installer has the OP-500, it should be real easy to check and
change options.
Soldering is fun!
arayray94 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2018 at 12:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote arayray94
They do, just want to get it fixed once and for all. This will by my third time taking it back to get fixed. I tried changing the option following the steps on page 49 without any luck. I will try again tomorrow.
arayray94 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2018 at 3:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote arayray94
Which wire is horn input on the CM7200? Also if I remote start the truck and cancel it, the radio stays playing until a door is opened. How do I get that to stop?
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2018 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
You have new questions but I don't see any follow up on resolving your tach learn problem.
arayray94 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2018 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote arayray94
It was fixed. The installer did not switch it over to look for tach signal.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic