the12volt.com spacer
icon

'17 Jeep Compass Stereo Wire Color Chart

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lee@loudhouse 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2018 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee@loudhouse
Does anyone have a vehicle wire chart for a 2017 jeep compass high altitude model? I am going to be installing a line out converter next week for my first time and I don't know how to locate the speaker wires behind the radio in the 2017 jeep compass It seems all the websites for wire color locations and charts only have other jeeps not the compass.
loudhouse
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 09, 2018 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Does it have an OEM subwoofer? Regular key or smart key?
i am an idiot 
Posted: April 09, 2018 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Left Front Speaker (+/-)      Gray/Violet - Gray/Yellow or Dk. Green - Dk. Green/Brown      +,-      Radio, black 52 pin plug, pins 47 - 51           
Right Front Speaker (+/-)      Dk. Green/Violet - Dk. Green/Yellow or Gray - Gray/Brown      +,-      Radio, black 52 pin plug, pins 46 - 50           
Left Rear Speaker (+/-)      Gray/Green - Gray/Dk. Green or Dk. Green/Dk. Blue - Dk. Green/Orange      +,-      Radio, black 52 pin plug, pins 48 - 52           
Right Rear Speaker (+/-)      Dk. Green/Green - Dk. Green/Gray or Gray/Dk. Blue - Gray/Orange      +,-      Radio, black 52 pin plug, pins 45 - 49           
Center Channel (+/-)      Gray/Brown - Gray/Orange      +,-      Amplifier in left rear quarter panel, white 22 pin plug, pins 11 - 22           
Subwoofer (+/-)      Gray/Brown - Dk. Green/Brown (1); Gray/White - Dk. Green/White (2)      +,-      Amplifier in left rear quarter panel, black 16 pin plug, pins 14 - 6; 3 - 11
i am an idiot 
Posted: April 09, 2018 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
There is not an accessory wire for the radio. You can catch switched at the cigarette lighter. If your cigarette lighter is hot all the time, find the fuse and move it to the other location.
lee@loudhouse 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2018 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee@loudhouse
Thank u so much...theres no subwoofer. And hopefully no factory amp. Now do I got to hook up the 12v constant. The l.o.c has a 12volt constant wire and a remote wire. I was thinking about hooking the remote turn on wire to the 12v accessory. But I don't understand we're the 12v constant hooks up too on the factory harness. If I hook it up to the 12v constant on the factory harness won't that make the amp stay on all the time?
loudhouse
i am an idiot 
Posted: April 10, 2018 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
No it will not stay on all the time. Your line out converter has audio sensing that detects audio on the speaker wires and provides a remote turn on for your aftermarket amplifier.
Radio 12V      Red or Red/Gray      +      Radio, black 52 pin plug, pin 44
lee@loudhouse 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2018 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee@loudhouse
Awesome thanks
loudhouse
lee@loudhouse 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2018 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee@loudhouse
Did the install on the jeep today came out great. At first I had a problem bc i thought the pac lp7 had remote turn on signal sense but it was not working. So I hooked up the pac lp7 remote wire to the 12v at the cig lighter....still did not work. So I just hooked up a remote wire from the amp to the cig lighter. And it finally worked. I'm pretty mad tho because it said that it had remote signal sense. But thank you again for the help. The cig lighter thing really helped me.👌🖒
loudhouse

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic