the12volt.com spacer
icon

How to Disable the Horn on a Honda Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
catchthis 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2018 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catchthis
Hi need to know how to silent the horn beep after you press the remote two times or more on the Honda. I have an 09 Honda Accord. I have a remote start which requires three times to start. So I'm pressing the remote it horn each time which is annoying.. need help.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2018 at 5:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Use the status output to control a relay going to under hood horn wires (horn relay input or output in under hood fuse box).
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 09, 2018 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
I think he is using the OEM keyfob to start the vehicle. The only thing I can think of is to use a relay so the horn relay does not get power when the ignition is not on. You will not be able to blow the horn when the key is not on. If you are good with this we can tell you how to wire it up.
catchthis 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2018 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catchthis
i can try to see if I can wire it. Thanks I am an idiot.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2018 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Go with idiot's idea, mine won't work because you're pressing the fob before the status output cuts in.
catchthis 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2018 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catchthis
Yes. Im waiting on his diagram. Thanks
i am an idiot 
Posted: April 10, 2018 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Can you find the horn relay? Does the fuse for the horn power anything other than the horn?
If you can find the horn relay and get to the back of the socket wire as follows. On the back of the horn relay location you should see 2 larger wires. Cut 1 of those and verify that the horn no longer works. If that is the case, run one end of that wire to terminal 30 of a relay. The other cut end to terminal 87 of the relay. Ground terminal 85 of the relay. Connect Ignition or accessory to terminal 86. This will only allow the horn to blow when the key is in the ignition or accessory position. It will not blow if the key is off or not in the ignition switch.
catchthis 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2018 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catchthis
Hi. The fuse is linked with the stop light. The horn relay has 4 wires. They all is the same thickness. What do i do next?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2018 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Test to see which on has 12V+ constant then follow Mr. Idiot's wiring.
TEST and VERIFY.
i am an idiot 
Posted: April 16, 2018 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Find a wire on the relay socket that has 12 volts on it. Cut that wire and connect 1 end of the cut to 30, and connect the other cut end to 87. Ground 85 and connect accessory or ignition power to 86.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic