the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

How Would You Do It? Alert Vehicle From Remote.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kenerly 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2018 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kenerly
I own a ambulance company. I would like to install a standard alarm in each med unit to utilize the remotes. What I need to do is when we drop off a patient, we give them am alarm remote. When they are ready to be picked up (we will already be in the parking lot) they hit the arm or disarm button on remote which would turn on a light in the med unit. No siren would be hooked up to the alarm. The light would need to come on regardless of which button on the remote was pushed (these people are very old). Once the light was on, the remote could not turn it back off if the patient accidentally hit the remote again. The personnel on the med unit would have to hit say a reset button to turn the light off.
Thanks for any help
Ked
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2018 at 3:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
I think the range is going to be an issue. Most of these key fob systems have a limited range. My systems seem to be reliable inside of 100 feet, and hit or miss at longer distances.
I'd look at something like a DEI 4001 Remote Start unit. Only one button on the remote. Set it up for "no engine checking" and connect the pink IGN wire to your "light". Set the run-time for an hour, and the light will stay on for an hour and go off. Or put a reset button to the brown brake shut down wire, and the button will cancel the light. I think pushing the button again would turn it off. If so, set up a latching relay that the R/S output latches and the button on the dash resets. Then multiple remote button pushes would be ignored.
I think the remote fob range is going to be a problem.
kenerly 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2018 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kenerly
Dave your solution looks like the answer to me. I was unable to locate a DEI 4001 on line anywhere?
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2018 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
. Here's a link for an Avital 4111. There are several model numbers for "Avital one button remote start". (What I used for a search). I didn't investigate, nor do I know the differences between the models. But this should get you going. I'd buy one and experiment with the range and usefulness on one rig before I committed to outfitting the entire fleet. Please let us know the outcome
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2018 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
I wouldn't bother with any kind of a security/RS system.
A simple 315MHz fob and receiver would have better range and would cost only about $10.00
https://abra-electronics.com/wireless/wireless-general-en/wl-90-wireless-remote-control-single-channel.html
kenerly 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2018 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kenerly
If I go with the security/RS system I will need additional remotes which per abra electronics they do not sell.
Any ideas?
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2018 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
kenerly wrote:
If I go with the security/RS system I will need additional remotes which per abra electronics they do not sell.
Any ideas?
All the kits have the same remote so just buy more kits and set aside the extra receivers (as spares).
The price is right IMHO.
f15ecrewchief 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2018 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote f15ecrewchief
Try MMCallus.com. They have buttons and pagers. Not sure if the range would fit your needs though.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic