the12volt.com spacer
icon

Challenging Issues, 95 Lexus GS300

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2018 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
Can you report what you found to solve your issue so that others might learn from your experience?
deaner_gs300 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2018 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote deaner_gs300
I absolutely will. I appreciate the eye's I've reached here at the12volt it's currently an ongoing issue but when im ceetain of what the cause or at least what the solution is i will posr it. I'm pretty sure I'm not the first or the last to deal with this particular issue. Thanks a ton guys. Still open to ideas.
Alpine CDE172BT - Infinity PR6500CS 6.5's - Zapco ST2X SQ - SSA Evil-6.5's Mid-bass - Zapco ST2X SQ - Sundown SD3 12" D4 - VFL Comp 2K... 1995 Lexus GS300 - The Frankenstein build & it changes weekly.
deaner_gs300 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2018 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote deaner_gs300
eguru wrote:
Have you checked any of your non-working items for a proper ground by measuring the resistance from the item's "ground side" terminal to battery negative?
No eguru i have not and i haven't even thought of that. Thank you. I'll let you know what i find when i am able to check it.
Alpine CDE172BT - Infinity PR6500CS 6.5's - Zapco ST2X SQ - SSA Evil-6.5's Mid-bass - Zapco ST2X SQ - Sundown SD3 12" D4 - VFL Comp 2K... 1995 Lexus GS300 - The Frankenstein build & it changes weekly.
deaner_gs300 
Posted: December 27, 2018 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote deaner_gs300
mgoetz74 wrote:
to me it really sounds like you have either a blown fuse under the hood or a bad wire going from the battery to the fuse box, maybe there was a rat or something that chewed through a wire.
I JUST WANTED TO WIND THIS LOTTERY UP AND SAY: "mgoetz74 you are the winner! A couple months ago (after almost totally giving up on all of the interior doodie on the car I was taking the dash apart to wire up a new Alpine CD player and I had a friend working with me since I'm kinda handicapped currently (hoping this isn't a forever issue... More on that another day) So I had my friend down running a wire from a constant at the fuse box (and also fusing it again between the radio and the fuse box, probably overkill but I don't want to lose my car to a senseless fire) I asked him to run a quick little jumper from this wire I was running (before I got it to the radio) over to the output side of the tilt and telescopic steering wheel "brain" knowing that the brain was new but guessing that it wasn't powering up correctly. Well immediately the steering wheel starts whirring and moves into it's "key off" position. So then I started testing other things like the interior lights and they all worked. The clock now worked. The personal lights and the vanity lights all worked. The only thing that didn't and still doesn't work is the power locks. Which I'm waiting to find another junkyard GS300 so I can get the switches out of the door since I know that my driver's side has a burned leg on the little board that it's secured to.
So I don't necessarily know what wire the theoretical or more likely prospect totally real rat chewed through but it was most definitely something along those lines. I was so hoping it was a fuse myself too! Thanks for even putting in your two cents mgoetz74! I appreciate even the wishings of good will!
Thanks T12V! I love this place.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic