the12volt.com spacer
icon

2012 Honda Civic LX, Steering Wheel Control

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cyrusthegreat 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2018 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cyrusthegreat
Hello everyone - hope all is well.
I am working on installing an aftermarket headunit into a 2012 Honda Civic LX. I have all the connections in place and the radio itself works just fine, but I am having issues with the steering wheel control.
I am using the Metra Axxess ASWC-1 and the instructions don't seem to match the Data Pin that is in my vehicle. The colors are incorrect and it's a 16-pin plug, not a 20-pin plug. As a result, the module is not detecting the vehicle and I am having trouble finishing the install.
Has anyone ran into this before and possibly have a better diagram of the ODB plug pins for my vehicle? The instructions say to connect to pins 3 and 13.
I would link to the website's instruction manual, but I do not know if that is against the rules.
Thanks!
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 14, 2018 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
If you're connecting to the OBD connector, that's your problem: https://pac-audio.com/swi-guide#2012-honda-civic-swi-jack/695/12
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
cyrusthegreat 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2018 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cyrusthegreat
Thanks! I looked over the instructions again and I found the correct connector. The way they were worded on the website seemed to indicate that I needed to tap into the OBD plug. The plug I needed was actually right in the radio bay.
Finishing up the install today once the 2 extra parts I forgot to order arrive.
Thanks for the response!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic