the12volt.com spacer
icon

7th Gen Honda Accord Radio Chinese, AC

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cezaryt 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2018 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cezaryt
Hi,
After going through four factory radios in the last two years (in two cars), I've decided to buy this one from AliExpress. After 2 months of waiting, finally I received it. There are couple issues with it, but the main one is that I've received a DUAL zone unit, instead of a SINGLE one. I've checked with the manufacturer before I bought it, and he assured me that this unit would work. The radio works, but none of AC/heat buttons works. I've done some research online, and I have a question - is it just a matter or rearranging wires in a plug? Or is there more to it? Since I have this radio, I've decided to play with it.
...Any help is greatly appreciated...
Thank you,
7th Gen Honda Accord Radio Chinese, AC -- posted image.
cezaryt 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2018 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cezaryt
So, I've found this list for my, single zone HVAC unit:
...and also for dual zone HVAC (the Chinese radio in this case):
I have rearranged the wires in the following way:
Unfortunately it didn't work. I’ve used a “spare” 22P plug with a foot of wires, which I received as a “bonus” with one of the factory radios I purchased from a junk yard (I think an employee didn’t bother unplugging the radio, and just cut the harness… barbarian! ). I’ve opened the plug, removed all wires, and rearranged them for dual zone unit. For the 16P outlet I’ve used loose wires (insulated with electric tape) from this plug as well. For a split second I thought it worked, because the air was blowing. I left the blower on intentionally, when I was disconnecting the factory radio. Unfortunately none of the HVAC buttons on the Chinese unit worked… So I declare:
1. It doesn’t work. At least for now. Maybe someone - some wiring guru – points me to the right direction. I will be more than happy to test new ideas.
2. OR the unit is defective in the first place. In order to test this hypothesis I would need an access to a dual zone Accord, which I don’t have, unfortunately.
This radio has been a BIG disappointment, even though it looked very promising. The reason I bought it was, that I wanted an android unit. In addition to the FM/AM radio (offering some entertainment on my daily commute), it was supposed to have a gps, wifi, bluetooth, be able to play audio/video files, even support steering wheel controls and 4G network (no CD player though)… All the latest bells and whistles… I also wanted to connect a backup camera (already purchased), dashcam, Bluetooth OBD2 and tpms… what a disappointment… I’ve found another seller on Aliexpress, who claims his unit is universal - for single AND dual zone HVAC… I’m not falling for that again… My advice to you is: DO NOT BUY.
Since I’m done with factory radios, I will probably go with Metra’s double DIN setup underneath. I just need to figure out what else I need, and how to connect everything. I hope this forum has already had the info I need. I need some background noise in my car… I don’t want to replace my car(s) just because the radio doesn’t work…

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic