the12volt.com spacer
icon

Seleco Autronica Defender Alarm Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thundy 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2018 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thundy
Hey guys, this is my first topic, apologies if I do something wrong.
I recently got my hands on a Seleco Autronica Defender (Italian) alarm, the instructions are Italian only. I was able to translate the diagram and successfuly connected it to my vehicle (1986 Volkswagen Golf MK2(Kinda pointless for this vehicle but oh well))
After about 4 hours of messing with the alarm, I got over the problem that it won't activate the siren after about 30 secs of locking the vehicle, doesn't matter if I unplug the ultrasonic sensors or not.
It somehow went away by itself, it arms and disarms, everything works as it should BUT the remote and ultrasonic sensors. The sensors are set at almost max sensitivity, tho it wont trigger if I wave hands around or hit something near it at all. It does react to a hood, trunk, door opening, taking the battery terminal off while armed, or turning the ignition key. I did hook up a BOSCH CIS Pump solenoid to the circuit "cutting" feature.
My problem is, I have to be VERY close to the antenna (Which I taped on the fender line under the hood, so it's barely visible from the outside) and even then, it barely reacts to the arm/disarm function, I have to press the button 2-4 times, even today I was pressing it for good 30 minutes before I could disarm it. It was a new alarm, I unpacked it, it sat for a while, changed the two 12V batteries in 2 remotes, but the range is TERRIBLE. Is there something I can do to this?
Also, if I hook up two indicator wires to the hazzard lights relay, it somehow loops and ignition turns on (dash lights come on) when its beeping. It's a positive trigger, putting 12V on that wire on the relay makes the relay click for the hazzard lights.
The remote part is bothering me, I triple checked every single connection which is perfect and sealed. Everything is fine but that remote.
I can take a picture of the whole manual, tho it's in Italian, so probably very little use from it.
Thanks in advance!
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 30, 2018 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
As for your range, try several locations before deciding on a new spot for your antenna.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
thundy 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2018 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thundy
I have to almost touch the wire (Max 2cm gap) to get even the slightest response, will try different location, but even for the testing purpose, I sticked the antenna thru the hood cooling fins at the top, still, I'd have to be very close, and even then it's unreliable if it unlocks or not. Tried taking apart the remote to see the printed antenna to try and solder a piece of wire for it to extend the range, but still.. Nope :/

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic