icon

2004 Honda Civic EX, Viper 5305v

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
caraudioinc 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2018 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
I've been putting off trying to figure out how to do this until recently. I've made a lot of headway (got a db3 flashed to my car's firmware) figured out most of the wires I need to tap into etc but there's one or two questions I can't seem to find an answer on.
Going D2D.
So this is going in a 2004 Honda Civic EX. (Doesn't have trunk pop or anything too fancy.)
Does this alarm require a relay for starter kill? Or is it built in. Also, same question for the door locks & unlock. Also do I need to wire in diodes? I've seen some people use relays & diodes for this car, others say I don't need them.. I just don't wanna f**k this up as I'm sure you can imagine.
Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2018 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged  
Well, to make sure we aren't overlooking anything, your DB3 bypass module should be flashed with the
403.Honda4 Ver 4.18 firmware.
According to DEI the bypass module will handle the Civics' Alarm, Locks, Trunk release and the immobilizer system.
Starter Kill?
Yes, the Viper 5305V has "built-in" Starter Kill. To achieve this as part of the install, the Civics' Black/White Starter wire
would be cut at the ingintion switch harness and the Vipers thick Green and Violet wires would be connected as per directions.
Door locks / relay and diodes?
The DB3 should handle all this for you via its' connections to the Keyless Data wire and the CAN Bus. No need for any
other vehicle connections to perform these functions. No extra relays or diodes.
Basically, you want to follow the DB3 wiring diagram on Page 6 of the 403.Honda4 install guide.
Here is a link to Bulldog Security for their 2004 Civic info. You can use this for the needed ignition wires ( ING, Starter,
ACC1, ACC2 and +12V ), Tach, Brake and Parking Lights.
http://diagrams.marktoonen.nl/printlist.aspx?MakeID=3&ModelID=18684
Soldering is fun!
caraudioinc 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2018 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
Hey thank you so much. I honestly wasn't expecting to get a response.
Of course I'm not a directed dealer so I don't have access to the diagram you're talking about (I don't think)
BUT I found this:
https://directechs.blob.core.windows.net/ddt/403-HONDA4-4.18-ORI_2007-Honda-Accord_IG_EN_20180328.pdf
I know it says for a 2007 Accord, but is it pretty much the same? Just a single wire for canbus?
Also as far as the 24 pin harness is concerned on the 5305v, solid green to door triggers (I guess here's where I need to diode isolate?) This is a coupe if that matters.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2018 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
Here is a link to the DB3 install guide :
https://directechs.blob.core.windows.net/ddt/403-HONDA4-4.18-ORI_2004-Honda-Civic_IG_EN_20180328.pdf
Yes, for the 5305V alarm you would need to connect to the doors and trunk triggers. If you have a 2 door, then
both front door triggers would be combined via diode isolation and connected to the Viper Pin 15 of 24 Green wire.
Use 1N4001 diodes as they are typically easy to find on EBay, etc.
The Trunk Trigger goes directly to Viper Pin 10 of 24 Blue wire. Here is the Trunk trigger info :
Trunk Pin   RED (-)   AT SWITCH OR LIGHT IN TRUNK
Soldering is fun!
caraudioinc 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2018 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
Dude you're a lifesaver. Thank you so much!!!
EDIT: Too many "dudes"
caraudioinc 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2018 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
I found all the wires I need except I seem to have ran into a problem. On page 6 of the DB3 guide, says I need to connect wires Tan/Black to pin 6 of the OBII connector and the Tan to pin 14 of the OBII connector.
The wire in pin 14 is there.. but there's no wire in pin 6. Uh oh...
EDIT/UPDATE:
I'm just coming back to say this for anyone in the future that may be wondering about this.. I just didn't hook up the tan and tan/black.. and everything worked fine, except for the door locks, so I just did them with the 3 pin harness. Cheers.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic