the12volt.com spacer
icon

09 Lexus RX350 Tach Issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dustin722 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2018 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dustin722
Good morning.
I've installed alarms, remote starts, done numerous engine wiring, ect. I'm a bit stumped with this one.
I installed a Viper 4203V responder one 2-way remote start with a xpreskit PKTX (for the immobilizer) into my 2009 rx350. I'm having an issue with it starting with the remote. The car starts with the key fine. I wired things in (I believe) correctly. I thought maybe the bypass wasn't right so I put the key in the ignition and try to start it with the remote, no start. Any time I try to use the remote to start the car, it goes through the starting sequence, just no cranking. I have constant + at both larger gauge red wires at the ignition, and when I try to remote start I test the purple wire going to the starter at the ignition and I have 12v when it should be cranking.
I did the remote start shutdown diagnostics and it came up telling me low or no rpm (no tach).
I have the tach wire hooked up properly, I'm sure of it. I can't seem to get the brain to learn the tach. It's set as virtual tach as default. I tried programming it to voltage and to tachometer, no change, no cranking. I reset it back to virtual, still no cranking.
Suggestions ?
Thank you
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2018 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Perhaps you could list your wiring at the main ignition switch harness. That car has 2 Ignition wires
and two Starter wires. Did you power all of them? That would require an external relay.
Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic