the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Opinions on Massive Subs & Amps?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
deaner_gs300 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2018 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote deaner_gs300
Ok 12 Volters this is another post looking for your comments about the quality of these products made by Massive. It's apparently another Chinese company (who doesn't manufacture their stuff in China these days but though right?) but from the looks of the subs I've seen they look like they were well made and designed to move some serious air. The subs I've seen were 12's and the magnets themselves were as deep as the basket if not deeper. Anymore I realize that there are magnets that are smaller and stronger than any magnet I ever saw back when I was more on top of new stuff and car audio in general. They have a rubber covering, or so it appears, on the magnets themselves that has some sort of pattern cut into it... It resembles like a flame pattern if I am remembering correctly. The surround is large and appears to be made of a better quality foam material than some other speakers in their price range and again judging by that it appears that the cones are free to move a great distance in both directions. Like I said I'll probably look like the idiot when a hundred of you say "you've never heard of Massive Car Audio?" but it's the truth and I've not heard of them... But that is either good because they're not absolute crap and thus the butt of all car audio jokes or bad because they're only being sold by dudes via black market Street deals like the white van scam which was big here in Austin years ago and apparently has come back because a street wise friend (or so I thought) got taken on some 5.1 system a week or two ago. That's mainly why I ask. Because I was approached on FB from a site that calls itself a "flea market" or a "yard sale" by a guy selling only Massive equipment all new and in the box. So please, give me some input good and or bad.
MASSIVE AUDIO, YOUR THOUGHTS:
Alpine CDE172BT - Infinity PR6500CS 6.5's - Zapco ST2X SQ - SSA Evil-6.5's Mid-bass - Zapco ST2X SQ - Sundown SD3 12" D4 - VFL Comp 2K... 1995 Lexus GS300 - The Frankenstein build & it changes weekly.
deaner_gs300 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2018 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote deaner_gs300
Guys.. I'm just gonna push my chair away from this table slowly.. please pretend, it at least continue pretending that I never said anything...
I just thought it was odd that I don't see them at the higher end stereo places and I see ten individuals all local selling their product. Apparently I've just had my eyes closed.
Alpine CDE172BT - Infinity PR6500CS 6.5's - Zapco ST2X SQ - SSA Evil-6.5's Mid-bass - Zapco ST2X SQ - Sundown SD3 12" D4 - VFL Comp 2K... 1995 Lexus GS300 - The Frankenstein build & it changes weekly.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic