the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper Model 900 Installation Manual

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lobotie 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2018 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lobotie
Having trouble finding an installation manual for a Viper Model 900 alarm. This alarm was made around 1998 or so. I installed in my truck in 1998 and have since lost the installation manual. The alarm has been working fine for 20 years and I recently was trying to learn new remotes and messed up the aux channel programming.
DEI website shows nothing for this model, I called tech support and they only would give me the model 800ESP owners manual (not installation guide), they showed nothing for the 900 (almost like they never made it and deleted it from their system). The 800 chart for programming sequence is not correct for the 900.
Does anyone have a link or an upload for the Model 900?
Agdodge4x4 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2018 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Agdodge4x4
No clue what the 800ESP is, but as I understand, that is not the same as the 900.
Anyway, this SHOULD be the same as the 900:
Viper 5000 Manual
See if this matches anything. I can't believe someone here hasn't made any attempt at helping you yet.
I believe the Viper 5000/5002 and the Python 900/902 are the same as is the Clifford Matrix 10.5X.
lobotie 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2018 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lobotie
Thanks, I will look at that manual.
I pulled the brain down on saturday so i could get a better look. I also wanted to make sure the Valet switch was wired correctly and that wasn't causing a problem.
I also notice that there is possibly a programming jumper that I have to install to be able to program as well. This is noted on the backside of the brain, but i have
not taken the cover off to look inside yet.
for what it's worth, heres a pic of the brain.
Viper Model 900 Installation Manual -- posted image.
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2018 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Mark Mizenko
How did you make out? I have manuals for the Ultra 7,8,900 and ultra 800 ESP at work, I could dig one up
lobotie 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2018 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lobotie
I have not found anything yet Mark. My good friend was an installer back then and he though he might have the manuals but we've been unable to locate anything.
I would be appreciative if you could upload or i could give you my address to send a full photocopy, or i could send you a self addressed return envelope too.
I need it for the Model 900. We installed this system in my truck in 1998, I still have the truck and likely will never get rid of it. The truck has shaved door handles so the
alarm's most important feature is the aux channels and having them programmed to buttons 2 and 4 to open the doors.
lobotie 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2018 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lobotie
Mark, I have tried the 800ESP manual and have not been able to properly enter the programming mode. It seems there
is something different about the model 900 or the table of programming features.
Honestly I would really like to have the exact installation manual for the model 900 that I have. It may come in handy later on
in the future If i ever need to make any system modifications.
Let me know what you find!
Thanks
Mark Mizenko 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2018 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Mark Mizenko
Viper Model 900 Installation Manual -- posted image.Viper Model 900 Installation Manual -- posted image.Viper Model 900 Installation Manual -- posted image.
Mark Mizenko 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2018 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Mark Mizenko
The Invisabeam/Vocalarm diagrams are priceless.
But I’ve got the 7/8/900 manuals also
Viper Model 900 Installation Manual -- posted image.Viper Model 900 Installation Manual -- posted image.Viper Model 900 Installation Manual -- posted image.
Mark Mizenko 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2018 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Mark Mizenko
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2018 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
I still have this from the 80's.
Viper Model 900 Installation Manual -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic