icon

2018 Caravan - flrsch4 / ascl6 Crank Issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dcmtnbkr 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2018 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed a remote start (flashlogic flrsch4) with cellular module (Code Alarm ASCL6 CarLink) in my 2018 Grand Caravan. I ran into a hickup during the installation when I tried to piggyback off the 12v constant and ground going to the flrsch4 for the ascl6, this was too much for the circuit and blew the wireless control module fuse. Replaced the fuse and wired to a different 12v constant and ground and all seemed fine. Remote start works, cell module works, but the damn thing wont start with the key. It runs with the key and I can do a key takeover just fine, but when i try to crank it using just the key and NOT the remote start, it just sits there like it's already running so it doesnt want to engage the starter. Any ideas? Youtube link is for a video showing what happens.
The key is the standard dodge key, i think they technically call it a wireless key. 3 buttons.
Video
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 06, 2018 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
While it's not the fix for the issue, I may have a workaround. Pull your starter relay. Turn the key to the ignition position. Terminals 85 and 86 are for the relay coil. Test them for power and ground so you can determine which one activates the coil. Then you can duplicate that inside with a momentary switch.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
dcmtnbkr 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2018 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
Not needed since key takeover is still working, just trying to figure out what might be causing it so i can fix it. I drove it for an hour today with no issues, just wont start with the key. Im thinking i will take out the t-harness for the remote start to see if removing the remote start will correct the issue. If that's the case, it's no big deal and i will deal with the issue, but if that doesnt take care of it, then i will need to keep digging.
Thanks though, i appreciate the input.
geepherder 
Posted: July 06, 2018 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
Is there a starter wire at the ignition harness? If so, is it powered in the crank position?
dcmtnbkr 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2018 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
No starter wire, just the ignition wire (for ignition sense only)
geepherder 
Posted: July 07, 2018 at 6:45 AM / IP Logged  
If removing the harness does not restore proper operation, your WIN may have been damaged when the fuse blew. Your remote start is generating the output on the CAN lines normally sent by the WIN to allow the engine to start.
This is a good resource posted a while back by Ween:
http://www.bbbind.com/free-tsb/
You can use it to pull up wiring diagrams so you can verify power/ground and do continuity checks of the harness:
http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd/DownloadPdf?id=1165976
http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd/DownloadPdf?id=1165966
dcmtnbkr 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2018 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  
Got it fixed. Pulled the t harness out and it worked so from there I put the harness back in and it wasn't working so I reprogrammed the remote start and it worked. Blowing the fuse must have corrupted the programming somehow.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic