the12volt.com spacer
icon

4003L, 2010 Lincoln MKZ

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
big_bogus 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2018 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote big_bogus
I installed a 4003L into a 2010 Lincoln MKZ. See: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=143909
Been working fine for months. Well, the hot weather hit and the 2 sided tape I used didn't hold. The unit fell and the Xpresskit/PKTX must have had a connector loosened. Unaware of the the issue, I tried to remote start and the car alarmed. No issue, Stopped alarm, checked connections and pushed unit back into place. Later tried remote start and all seemed fine. Well, it happened again and won't start. Guessing I need to reprogram the PKTX.
But my real issue here is I want to extend the runtime from 12 to 24 minutes. I can't get the damn 4003 into program mode and the LED is ALWAYS blinking (on the 4003 with PKTX disconnected). Anyone know why and how to make it stop blinking so I can get into program mode?
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2018 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
To get into programming mode it should be key on the key off press and hold programming button. The LED will flash once for menu 1 keep holding the button the LED will flash twice for menu 2. The release the programming button. Press and release the button 3 times hold it on the 3rd press the LED should flash 2 times. Tap the white/blue wire till the LED flashes twice that will give you a 24 minute run time. Turn the key on the exit programming mode.
I know on the 4103s you need to press unlock on the remote to get the LED to stop flashing and then it allows you to get into programming.
Have you tried activating the remote start then using the brake to shut it down. Then try to get into programming I've never tried it but I'm not sure how else to do it without a remote.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
big_bogus 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2018 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote big_bogus
Don't have the unlock connected since I am only using the remote start. Guess I can try that. ** Scratch that. Not seeing an unlock input., currently using 3x lock on OEM fob to activate remote start.
As a matter of fact, I did try to remote start stop, then try programming mode. Nothing worked and that damn LED is always slow flashing.
big_bogus 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2018 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote big_bogus
Still no joy.
big_bogus 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2018 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote big_bogus
Solved!!!! Tried everything. Even went to eBay to get a new brain. Unfortunately, the one that arrived wasn't compatible. It was a 4x05. When I tried programming the 4x05 with my XKloader3 (which couldn't program the original 4103L due to not being able to verify write), it errored out stating I needed to program a remote to the system. The original 4103L claimed one remote. Got me thinking. I tried to pair one of my other DEI remotes (2 way 551T?) to the 4103. After trying the LED stopped blinking. Retried using the XKLoader3 and received the "write successful" message. Weird how the 4103l was stuck in remote pairing mode, but didn't pair with my two way remote???
All is good, hope this helps someone!!!!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic